Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

EA taking out FB with 0% damage on the infantry spawn (Grobbendonk - Schilde FB)

steelhail

I am at the Grobbendonk - Schilde FB right now. some 5 minutes ago I made a .own command to see FB damage percentage. it said 0% inf and 92% veh. 

Then perhaps 60 seconds go by and a Boston nukes the Veh spawn - FB goes down. 

No EI, No satchels going off and foremost 0% damage. I'm close to the FB.

I .bug reported the problem and also got a screenshot.

Do you recall any bunker caps in the linked town around that moment? Sometimes I'll be at a FB and it seemingly goes down by itself but then I realize the AB got capped at one point, closing the FB. 

• Registered Users

This a rare but longstanding bug that can effect any FB.  We seen it from time to time over the years but could never replicate it.

However a week ago it happened  when one of the Rats was at an FB and from the information they were able to give us we were able to set about testing a few theories one of us had about what might be causing it.

Using one of these theories we finally found a way of replicating what happens.  Bizarrely enough it turns out that the initial theory we were working on was not actually the cause, but led us to what is.

This is now ticketed and hopefully will be fixed soon.

Can't go into details of what causes it for obvious reasons, but hopefully can explain it once it's fixed as it's an interesting one and Kempi & Oldzeke deserve a lot of credit for all the testing they did to be able to replicate it.

1 hour ago, steelhail said:

Alright, so it's a confirmed bug/occurrence. I've seen this happen before too.

I've seen this happen as well. Not just with Inf at 0% and fb goes down with Veh to 100% but vice-versa - over the last 5 years at least. 

Our theory always was that in the last hour (or two? or more?) that the tents seemingly at 0% had been DOWN and then repaired to 0% but that somehow the game, some algorithm or some CRS Computer God  'remembered' or mistakenly still thought  those tents were in a DOWN state and so when the other tents go DOWN the whole FB is/seems blown.

This because its an extension theory of the provable, replicable in-game reality that if Inf Tents are DOWN and then repair to (usually) something around 99%-85% - you still have only to blow the Veh via charges or air bombs to finish blowing the FB with no additional charges required on the Inf. Again, same vice-versa for Veh DOWN and repaired somewhat, just  blow the inf. 

1 hour ago, sorella said:

I've seen this happen as well. Not just with Inf at 0% and fb goes down with Veh to 100% but vice-versa - over the last 5 years at least. 

Our theory always was that in the last hour (or two? or more?) that the tents seemingly at 0% had been DOWN and then repaired to 0% but that somehow the game, some algorithm or some CRS Computer God  'remembered' or mistakenly still thought  those tents were in a DOWN state and so when the other tents go DOWN the whole FB is/seems blown.

This because its an extension theory of the provable, replicable in-game reality that if Inf Tents are DOWN and then repair to (usually) something around 99%-85% - you still have only to blow the Veh via charges or air bombs to finish blowing the FB with no additional charges required on the Inf. Again, same vice-versa for Veh DOWN and repaired somewhat, just  blow the inf. 

This.

I took out Beaumont FB last night when Veh was only 10% damage. 8 direct hits will only do 72% damage.