Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Changes in 20 years

digger953

So I decided to start playing WW2 online again after not doing any gaming for quite a while. I was gaming when WW2 first came online and played for several years. 

Am I missing something, or have they done away with the ability to get out of a vehicle? I cant find any way to bail out of a tank or truck or aa gun or even a plane for that matter. 

Im quite disappointed. You should be able to bai out of a plane if its hit.

So If Im just missing something please let me know. 

Thanks 

• CORNERED RAT

Welcome back. 

The only units that can get on/off (in/out) vehicles are infantry when riding tanks, trucks, or (recently added) 1/2 tracks. 

42 minutes ago, digger953 said:

Am I missing something, or have they done away with the ability to get out of a vehicle? I cant find any way to bail out of a tank or truck or aa gun or even a plane for that matter. 

You should be able to bai out of a plane if its hit.

Hi digger: what B2K said mostly.

From when the game began you were never able to get out of a tank, truck, aaa or atg if you spawned as that unit. Still the same. You can get off or jump off a tank, truck, boat or jump off a plane if you are a passenger on/in the unit. Also somewhat recently (last 5+ years?) pilots can bail from a plane with a parachute, but this is just a mechanic as the bailed pilot does not or cannot become a playable ground unit. 

Others may know more or different than me. 

On 8/7/2022 at 10:38 PM, digger953 said:

Am I missing something, or have they done away with the ability to get out of a vehicle?

I think you're thinking of BF 1942, Operation Flashpoint, etc or their successors.

WW2 ONL never had the option for vehicle crews to dismount/re-mount. When you spawn a vehicle, you more or less *are* the vehicle - not a separately modeled crewman with the ability to enter or exit a tank/plane/ship, etc. Unless you count bailing out of a plane as exiting, but that action is a one-way street back to the mission-screen.

S.

Curious what your handle was back then. I was around heavily in the game the first few years and then just sporadically played the next 15, mainly ruling OT (RIP)

Edited by Zeppelin

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, aismov said:

Funny how some players these days are surprised to see infantry riding on a tank :)

Ah yes... the lost art of making sure you're not sitting on top of the turret... :D

S.