Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Kill credits for DB-7s not awarded?

sascha

Just had one I shot and hit and he went into the ground and blew up right after my pass ... hits recorded but no kill and there was nobody else that shot him right before he crashed. I was definitely the last guy to hit him.

Second one I flamed over Hirson N FB and also didn't get a kill... got the hit credit, but no kill and I was the only one shooting him when he burst into flames.

Also flamed a Boston that mission and did get the kill for him as expected.

Other LW guys on comms also reported the same sort of stuff with missing DB-7 kills they should've gotten credit for.

I believe cooper had his guncam running for the first DB (the one that crashed into the ground), the other one happened during sortie 275413 but there's no video of that one I'm afraid.

EDIT: I should probably have mentioned that the first DB didn't give anyone a kill, even though at least one of us also got shots into him before I shot him and he crashed.

S.

Edited by sascha

Update: Sortie 287254 just now. Spitfire hit by me and jinroh (both in F-4s) burst into flames and broke up into several chunks at low altitude. Neither of us got the kill for that guy. Could've been a plug-puller, but it didn't look like it to me... hard to tell though, since we were on the deck.

EDIT: And then there were reports in the chat of guys getting all sorts of kill-credit weirdness. The one I saw mentioned a player getting a kill credit for an enemy plane that was reportedly flying at 6k while he was on the ground as an MP40. Err...?

S.

Edited by sascha

Yup kill credit is missing and it’s not just planes its also ground kills from bombs and TDs. For me, in particular are bombs on the 37mm SPAA. Hurricane H2D on tanks from time to time. Losing a tank to the Stuka G2 often says no killer but I know for a fact it was a G2. When I mean often it happens to me a half dozen times a campaign which I would consider often. Havoc bombs on tanks from time to time. The most recent was poor Dontmoves Tiger kill in a tree line blind drop on the gun smoke signature. That was an epic kill but no credit.

40 minutes ago, stankyus said:

Yup kill credit is missing and it’s not just planes its also ground kills from bombs and TDs. For me, in particular are bombs on the 37mm SPAA. Hurricane H2D on tanks from time to time. Losing a tank to the Stuka G2 often says no killer but I know for a fact it was a G2. When I mean often it happens to me a half dozen times a campaign which I would consider often. Havoc bombs on tanks from time to time. The most recent was poor Dontmoves Tiger kill in a tree line blind drop on the gun smoke signature. That was an epic kill but no credit.

First time I hear about those missing kills, but it doesn't seem too far fetched that this stuff would be going on on both sides.

It's kinda hard for me to distinguish sometimes between "kill not being awarded due to messed up scoring system and/or target vehicle properties" and "kill not awarded due to plug pulling". With the DB-7s it seems bound to the vehicle in question, since I've seen it multiple times now first hand (flamed bomber, wings blown off, crashed into ground ... tons of hits recorded and nobody else but me was hitting the target ... and yet no kill awarded) and others have reported the exact same thing happening to them with DB-7s. I don't recall this ever happening with any of the other A-20 variants.

But I guess it's fair to say that the system in general is also still a bit messed up at the moment - what with all the phantom Hurricane-kills showing up any time I shoot/kill any vehicle with more than one crew position.

BTW: Does that happen on the Allied side as well and if so, what sort of kill credit are you guys getting? Surely not a Hurricane Mk I? :)

S.

Potentially unrelated; including just in case it helps:

Prev bug report post I made for xcas regarding a problem he had when he flamed some planes in the hangar but didn't get kill credited. I checked his AAR hours/days later and it did not update.

Edited by lovewing

• Registered Users

I can think of a bunch off things that could result in what's being reported.

I should have some time later tonight to go through and see if I can  nail down what's happening and get it ticketed.

I'll report back later.

• Thanks 1

• Registered Users

OK, here's what we found.

It appear to be a bug with how kills are being reported in the AAR, and quite possibly on the CS&R website.

I'll use the DB-7 as the example as that was what I was testing on, but it will effect any vehicle.

If you kill a primary item (pilot, bombadier, etc), and YOU despawn first you will ONLY see a damage on your AAR.

If you kill a primary and the target despawns first, then when you despawn you will see the correct kill credit on your AAR.

In that first case, what "should" happen is that after the target despawns, if you go back to that AAR although it doesn't update the summary page, if you click on the kills tab you should see the correct kill.

This appears to have got broken sometime in the last year or so.

As I was testing on our test servers, nothing I kill will show up on CS&R so I can't check if my kill appear there, but from what your saying I suspect not.

I do have a command that tells me your last 5 kills and last 5 killers, and that is always showing the correct details, which leads me to believe that the game is correctly recording your kills, just not correctly updating the AAR & CS&R site.

I've ticketed the issue. 

• Thanks 1

Oh, then there actually is a bug with the stats.  

My apologies in that case @sascha!  I just assumed this was a whine thread haha.  Good eye.

Thanks for looking into it @MWHITMAN.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Capco said:

My apologies in that case @sascha!  I just assumed this was a whine thread haha.  Good eye.

Reading stuff before posting a reply: It actually works!

:P

8 hours ago, MWHITMAN said:

If you kill a primary item (pilot, bombadier, etc), and YOU despawn first you will ONLY see a damage on your AAR.

That has always been the case for as long as I can remember. Kinda like that fact that as long as your last killer is still spawned in on his mission on which he killed you, you'll get a "Killer N/A" on your stats page.

If you re-read my original post, this is *not* what I described, not even close to it. Well, maybe I should've clarified a bit more. Going back to the missions I made the first post about:

I shot and hit (AAR recorded hits on the guy) a DB-7 that went into the ground and crashed/blew up right after I hit him. I was the last guy to hit him right before he went in. I RTBed some time later, checked my AAR and while I had hits recorded on that DB-7 (didn't shoot another DB-7 on that mission so it must've been him), I got no credit for him. And nobody else who was in the vicinity got a kill for him either.

Next mission I shot and flamed a DB-7, his wing came off after a few seconds and he went down. I then proceeded to shoot and flame a Boston on that very same mission. Both planes were only shot my me, nobody else. I RTBed and found that I got hit credits for both the DB-7 and the Boston but only got a kill credit for the Boston.

I reported both these incidents to the guys on comms who instantly knew what I was talking about WRT the DB-7 since they too had had similar experiences with that particular plane and missing kill credits in the past.

It also doesn't seem to be a general "no kill credits for DB-7s ever" kind of thing, since I do have some A2A-credits on my stats page for DB-7s this campaign. Not nearly as many as Spits or Hurris, but I don't really see too many DB-7s on an average LW session during my TZ.

Again: It is hard to tell the difference between plug pulling and a genuine bug in these cases, since we're mostly talking low level engagements where I can't observe the fate of my target at all times. However: Seeing a plane flamed or breaking up/exploding when hitting the ground is (to my understanding) a sign that no plug pulling was involved. But I couldn't help but think that there might be something wrong with the DB (and perhaps with other vehicles, as hinted at by Stanky), since I've seen this sort of stuff with much more frequency on the DB and others have reported the exact same issue with that same plane. In fact... the only times when I shoot up/flame any other plane (like Spits or Hurris) and then *don't* get a credit for them when I should've is when those guys experience connection issues or have pulled the plug to save their precious stats.

S.

Edited by sascha
  • Like 1

• Registered Users

The apparent scoring bug isn't specific vehicle related as I can re-create it with ANY vehicle.

Whilst the despawning before the thing you kill shows a bug every time, you also get it happening other times.

I can blow things up and get no kill in the stats, but using the tools I have access to I can see it is recording those kills.

So everything I can see points to a bug updating the stats, in game and out.

What I need to do is have time with one of the devs who can monitor the databases and see what is being recorded, and where.

As for the fear of people pulling the plug to avoid kills. Well the game already can tell if you force quit it, so you would hope that if it's detecting that it automatically scores you as killed.

I'll see if I can get an answer of what it actual does do in those cases for you.

2 hours ago, MWHITMAN said:

As for the fear of people pulling the plug to avoid kills.

You should probably talk to JCD who "caught" one of the guys who keep doing this stuff red handed the other night.

As I've stated in my plug pulling thread: I "pulled the plug" involuntarily when my game CTDed on me while my 190 was going down in pieces after I had been bounced and blown up. Mission was counted as "RTB" for me and no kill on me was credited to whomever shot me down. And I don't see how that scenario is, technically, any different than someone forcing a loss of connection by, say, using a macro or hotkey to activate Windows' airplane-mode or pulling his LAN-cable or switching off his router, or whatever other means to cut one's internet connection.

It's not an irrational fear, it does happen and it's pretty easy to spot most of the time. Planes going into the ground and vanishing there instead of exploding on impact, planes going up like rocket ships all of a sudden after a good long burst, etc.

S.