Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

HTs, 81mm.

delems

I thought the whole point of the fench UC Mortar carrier was to allow the introduction of the mortars from tier 0. 

After all both the 3 inch and the GrW34 were both in service before the war broke out.

It's entirely a side point, but...yeah, I know the actual measured caliber was 81mm, but wouldn't it be a better idea to describe the British medium mortar in promotional materials as the "Three Inch", so that those customers who look up or already know the history (but only a little bit) don't comment to their friends that the developers got it wrong...?

British_UC_81mm_mortar_carrier.png

4 hours ago, OHM said:

https://www.wwiionline.com/game-news/development-notes/coming-soon-motorized-mortars
here is the article stating that they come in with the US forces. So tier 3 is early. 

That's not what I read the text to say. It appears to me to say that the German and British SP mortars, and the French version of the British SP mortar, start at some early time...I'd infer T0, but it doesn't directly say that:

Motorized mortars will be available throughout the war

...and when the US forces arrive, the French lose the French-version-of-the-British-SP-mortar and gain the French-version-of-the-US-SP-mortar.

On 8/20/2022 at 9:43 PM, jwilly said:

It's entirely a side point, but...yeah, I know the actual measured caliber was 81mm, but wouldn't it be a better idea to describe the British medium mortar in promotional materials as the "Three Inch", so that those customers who look up or already know the history (but only a little bit) don't comment to their friends that the developers got it wrong...?

I am not sure how much historical accuracy is playing into these new units as both these as well as new armored units also have regular infantry models a the crew.

*** Why not their historical dates? Seems silly they are not available from t0.

Don't think the 251/2 was available till late 1941.  So, 1942 makes sense.

Could maybe justify tier 1; not sure of actual production dates or numbers.

Edited by delems