Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

MAS-38 smg

Patfly

Need a revisit: I use a a centre of screen dot for simple visual reference, and mos small arms are pretty close to it.  The Mas smg is WAY off on all points. Aim, Firing point, firing angle.

When I have to aim 3 feet up and 3 feet right to hit a target, there's something wrong here.

Please have a look at it?

3 hours ago, Patfly said:

Need a revisit: I use a a centre of screen dot for simple visual reference, and mos small arms are pretty close to it.  The Mas smg is WAY off on all points. Aim, Firing point, firing angle.

When I have to aim 3 feet up and 3 feet right to hit a target, there's something wrong here.

So let me get this right; you are firing without aiming down sights? What distance to the target are you referring here?

Both. From the hip and from the aimed look. both are off by a large margin. And I'm talking smg ranges up to 50-75 feet or in a building.

I forget how to take screenshots or I'd show you.

1 hour ago, Patfly said:

Both. From the hip and from the aimed look. both are off by a large margin. And I'm talking smg ranges up to 50-75 feet or in a building.

I forget how to take screenshots or I'd show you.

I checked. It's true that the MAS and also the Grease gun are more offset with your method than other SMGs or automatic rifles (Modello38 being the worst for Axis because of sway). But this would only affect hip firing. If you forget the dot and use the ironsights, MAS38 accuracy is similar if not better than the MP40.

Edited by gretnine

Um, no. the aimed point has the buttstock straight in the chest, not offset to the shoulder

53 minutes ago, Patfly said:

Um, no. the aimed point has the buttstock straight in the chest, not offset to the shoulder

Now you've lost me. Just use the ironsights and you'll be fine.

I've been using it a lot lately, and there's something amiss. All I ask is CRS to have a look at it, nothing more.

Oh, and the CoS dot really helps in most cases- gives you a reference 

Edited by Patfly

Most of the SMGs in game don't perform like their real life counterparts. 

Go watch vids of the MAS or the mp40. Hardly any kick at all. Hell, there's a vid of a granny in a wheelchair firing a full auto mp40 and it hardly moves.  MAS should be even easier to control. 

The Modello is probably the best modelled of all the SMGs, along with the grease gun. After that, meh. 

The MAS is like a cap gun, recoil-wise: 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mosizlak said:

Most of the SMGs in game don't perform like their real life counterparts. 

Go watch vids of the MAS or the mp40. Hardly any kick at all. Hell, there's a vid of a granny in a wheelchair firing a full auto mp40 and it hardly moves.  MAS should be even easier to control. 

The Modello is probably the best modelled of all the SMGs, along with the grease gun. After that, meh. 

The MAS is like a cap gun, recoil-wise: 

Lol on the MP40 he ain't even aiming , in game you aim and still it's all over the place,  and the Mas38 in game it feels like one is holding onto a jackhammer it's all over the place , in the video it shows to be rather easy to handle.

• Like 1

Note he's firing from the shoulder- not with the butstock centered on his chest, as it appears from player POV ingame.

I haven't messed with any keymapping or anything else for INF .

I've said it before when discussing SMGs: I seem to remember that those guns were "fixed" at some point to add artificial dispersion. Looking at all sorts of shooting videos of these weapons, it's pretty clear that none of them perform realistically in-game. Meaning they're all way too jumpy on full auto plus there seems to be a certain degree of unreliability when it comes to the sights/general accuracy, even in single shot mode. I've seen this at least on the MP40 and the Thompson. They still work well enough at very close to close range, but anything beyond that (say, 60m +) is a bit of a lottery when all of them should be pretty decent out to at least 80 to 100m.

It almost feels to me as if the guns were behaving like they were fired from the hip and not from the shoulder.

Going to repost this older vid from Forgotten Weapons, because in under a minute it demonstrates rather nicely (I think) just how controllable the MP40 was in real life:

^ I've set the timeline to 1min into the vid, since that's when Karl starts shooting the gun from the shoulder - which Ian couldn't do at the time due to an injury.

S.