Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

IVC - A Game Changer

Cornered Rats

• CORNERED RAT
Cornered Rats

Matt "Xoom" Callahan

IVC or Integrated Voice Communications is a game changer for WWII Online. We've talked about implementing this into the game for years, and for many, it's been a "that would be cool but probably won't happen" sort of thing, but I am here to tell you that it is and that we are in a more advanced testing phase where we are experiencing what kind of impact this is going to have for WWII Online. Continue reading to learn more about what IVC means and how it will radically improve the in-game experience for new and veteran players alike.

View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com

Will French and British pilots be able to be on the same voice channel? One the most consistent issues the allied side has had over the years is the separation between the French and the British.  Will there be tunable channels like what we have in chat like 55 for the air?

• CORNERED RAT
On 8/28/2022 at 4:18 PM, enpassant said:

Will you hear the enemy speaking also?

We discussed it, but initially we elected not to do that.

On 8/29/2022 at 1:21 PM, halsey said:

Will French and British pilots be able to be on the same voice channel? One the most consistent issues the allied side has had over the years is the separation between the French and the British.  Will there be tunable channels like what we have in chat like 55 for the air?

Allies will be able to communicate with each other, no problem. But remember that mission chat is for what ever mission you are on, proximity is based on who is around you (this is when you'll be able to speak to other people nearby including other allied nations).

On 8/29/2022 at 1:18 AM, enpassant said:

Will you hear the enemy speaking also?

Since we can't have an audio equivalent of "§$%$%&RT gsrtz fnz!", here are my suggestions for audible enemy area chat:

S.

• Haha 1

Option, I assume. I will never turn this on. It would be nice if instead of hearing enemies talking I could hear them WALKING. That would be nice. It's possible on my Mac with the volume turned up, and earbuds in, but I can hear friendlies without having to do that. Odd that friendlies have they battle-rattle turned to 11, and the enemy gets to be turned to maybe 2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

finally, this is going to be fun for various reasons.

We need a button that can be hotkeyed to allow us to toggle on/off mute all. This is critical If you need to listen to audio without comms to hear a vehicle etc.

you should pair up the release with a WBS

Edited by lovewing