Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Tier3+ Needs Further Supply Reducing Across the Board

dfire

I believe the supply was reduced by like 10% or something a couple of maps ago, but it needs a MINIMUM extra 15-20% more reduction. The amount of supply each Garrison has tier 3 and beyond is still insane. Add 1 brigade flag in there and it can legitimately hold for 6-8 hours. Same deal with a 2ab+ town. Towards the end of the map it sucks more when each side has a Garrison and like 2 flags in a town since the Frontline is condensed. It's virtually unlimited supply because by the time you would attrit all that, they would start getting resupplied again! Tier 1 overall numbers of supply has the perfect balance imo. You can attrit a single garrison in a couple of hours or less with medium population. It's more engaging for HC, requires more tactical thinking for HC, and adds a strategy component. Tier3+ is still basically a serious version of intermission. There's little to no fear of death. 

In summary, the benefits of fixing these inflated supply numbers is as follows:

- More HC engagement

- Players will feel rewarded and worthwhile if they see the enemy getting low after a good battle has been going on for a bit

- The map will move more in other tz's than just the tz3 roll

- More realistic

- Creates fear of death, for example knowing supply will start to get noticeably effected if you die 10x in a row with an smg with no kills to show for

• Thanks 2

Also and that might be a far stretch , in the late tiers if a town becomes encircled and the Garrisons and or Brigade can't break out , it gets removed from the game map without coming back till end of the campaign.   You know surrender to be marched behind enemy lines ( 6th German Army comes to mind Stalingrad)

I know it would mean towns might fall quicker cause the one side or the other would have to do strategic pull backs to not lose Garrison or Brigades.

But overall I think supply needs to be reduced , or tier0 tier1 just needs to be way longer then they are , just to long of a map with the top tier stuff imo . I get it players want the shiny top stuff but we got so many lower tier equipment that most don't even see the light of day , also then maybe Mortar carriers could come in early and actually have an impact instead of tier 3 when either one side or the other might be on the verge of being rolled due to TZ3 .

All the lower tier stuff would get more play and new players might stay instead of just dying to the Vets in top tier stuff.

12 hours ago, dfire said:

I believe the supply was reduced by like 10% or something a couple of maps ago, but it needs a MINIMUM extra 15-20% more reduction. The amount of supply each Garrison has tier 3 and beyond is still insane. Add 1 brigade flag in there and it can legitimately hold for 6-8 hours. Same deal with a 2ab+ town. Towards the end of the map it sucks more when each side has a Garrison and like 2 flags in a town since the Frontline is condensed. It's virtually unlimited supply because by the time you would attrit all that, they would start getting resupplied again! Tier 1 overall numbers of supply has the perfect balance imo. You can attrit a single garrison in a couple of hours or less with medium population. It's more engaging for HC, requires more tactical thinking for HC, and adds a strategy component. Tier3+ is still basically a serious version of intermission. There's little to no fear of death. 

- More HC engagement

- Players will feel rewarded and worthwhile if they see the enemy getting low after a good battle has been going on for a bit

- More realistic

- Creates fear of death, for example knowing supply will start to get noticeably effected if you die 10x in a row with an smg with no kills to show for

They leave all this supply in hope that one day the game isn't 30:1 population at it's primetime, as of recently it's VERY VERY rare to see a population of 30vs30 online, Alittle side tangent this further justifies the direction of the game which CRS has already shown which is a E-Sports Ready type of game. 

I agree to disagree.

- More HC engagement: Strongly Disagree, The game is titled "World War II Online" the limited map play AO/DO restrictions make this game feel like we're fighting a gang war. (BRING BACK THE OLD WAYS)

- Players will feel rewarded and worthwhile if they see the enemy getting low after a good battle has been going on for a bit: Agree

- The map will move more in other tz's than just the tz3 roll: Agree, and population decreases resulting normally in a 1-sided pub stomping.

- More realistic: Disagree, What Realism? (I love firing 2 whole mags from a Mp40 while on top of the target who is sniping from a church tower in Antwerp only for him to do a full 180 spin shoot me once and we end off Trading, but wait he also dies 2-3 seconds later after all of that.) F.U.N

I am also still very surprised that players are not physically able to repair FB Tents or Broken Tank-Tracks yet, but we're able to repair a whole bridge with a 2x2 piece of metal in 2-3 minutes?

- Creates fear of death, for example knowing supply will start to get noticeably effected if you die 10x in a row with an smg with no kills to show for: Agreed, I love seeing the same name on my mission report 13 times, but it also just reminds me about the overall dwindling player population and what went wrong after overlord @XOOM took over the game rights.

• The amount of things that could be added to these bullet points is extensive these were just what came into thought before the other obvious problems.
Edited by DrugDealer
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DrugDealer said:

am also still very surprised that players are not physically able to repair FB Tents or Broken Tank-Tracks yet, but we're able to repair a whole bridge with a 2x2 piece of metal in 2-3 minutes?

Good point there, cause it's always said that tank crews would not fix a track in battle, but we got bridge builders while the whole thing is under fire.

Well the FB tents kinda make sense otherwise a FB would never go down, unless of course the otherside comes with a large enough force, and then FB tent repair can only be done from the outside .

• Like 1

• Registered Users
14 hours ago, dfire said:

- More HC engagement

- More realistic

Gah!!!  I am woking on a family project and forget to hit send and then blasted my reply!! N00b mistake.

The short version is garrison supply reduction has already been planned for by Game Management and is going to happen.  There are additional things which we are waiting to implement while Community Management and both High Commands staff and train their leadership teams.  If you have an interest in working with the HC, think battlefield commanders and map movers, now is the time to join up.

NOTE:  Each week your HC leadership team meets directly with CRS to voice suggestions, concerns, questions, etc as well other items which are covered in their NDA.

Track repair is our 2022 Roadmap.  https://www.wwiionline.com/game-news/development-notes/16913-2022-roadmap-for-wwii-online

TANK CREW - TRACK REPAIR

Tank crewmen were trained in the worst of circumstances to provide field repairs for their tank tracks, in fact, most tanks had spare tread pieces and tools to facilitate this. We think this is a great way to keep tanks operational in the field, but we also want to balance this by making the tanks vulnerable (to simulate the crew is out of the vehicle working on it) and ensure it takes some time (because it wasn't a quick job). By bringing this feature into the game, you'll be able to have a limit of two tread repairs, have your hatches open, and for it to take considerable time to complete the job. Still, this is better than being left stranded or simply despawning.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dre21 said:

Also and that might be a far stretch , in the late tiers if a town becomes encircled and the Garrisons and or Brigade can't break out , it gets removed from the game map without coming back till end of the campaign.   You know surrender to be marched behind enemy lines ( 6th German Army comes to mind Stalingrad)

I know it would mean towns might fall quicker cause the one side or the other would have to do strategic pull backs to not lose Garrison or Brigades.

But overall I think supply needs to be reduced , or tier0 tier1 just needs to be way longer then they are , just to long of a map with the top tier stuff imo . I get it players want the shiny top stuff but we got so many lower tier equipment that most don't even see the light of day , also then maybe Mortar carriers could come in early and actually have an impact instead of tier 3 when either one side or the other might be on the verge of being rolled due to TZ3 .

All the lower tier stuff would get more play and new players might stay instead of just dying to the Vets in top tier stuff.

Think they should also consider after tier 3 removing an infantry flag from each division so each of the 3 divisions only have 1 infantry brigade attached instead of 2. If it was up to me though I'd just have an HQ and 1 inf after tier 3. That's assuming they leave brigade flag supply how it is now. If they reduce it also then removing a flag from each division won't be needed

Edited by dfire

Not only that; air is ridiculous.

More aircraft in game than LMGs.  That is not historical pretty sure.

Needs to be cut in half at least.

And, ships should be cut in half also.

just try it next campaign. massively reduced supply for all tiers.

it is so simple ... we had other campaigns where new ideas got tested too.

Simple way is just cut everything in game with a motor in half; FRU.

Then cut AA/ATG/sappers as need to adjust for less vehicles.

And cut inf by 10% again.

Ridiculous amounts of aircraft, tanks and ships in game.

Oh, and redesign the bad towns -- so we can actually have fun fighting in them.....

Edited by delems