Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Hows the player count?

McKeon

11 hours ago, McKeon said:

Thinking about redownloading game.  How has the player count been recently?

Depends on your TZ and on what day of the week we're talking. Euro TZ has always been a bit weird, so I'm reluctant to use my own experience as an example. But I'm not under the impression that there's too few people overall playing currently. That said: I've hardly done any ground stuff this campaign and in the air, there are definitely times during EU-TZ when either the Allies or Axis have very little to no pilots on.

Using a more "scientific" approach: The "Top Killers" leaderboard is currently at 500 entries/players (not sure more than 500 entries could/would even be displayed) - and it has been at 500 entries for a while. "Top SMG" list currently has 419 entries.

S.

To answer unscientifically; good enough to have generally 1-2 battles on the map with reasonable air war as well.

Depending on when you last played your concept of "full" may be different. This isn't 2005 anymore where we would have 10 EA over an FB and double that over town with 200 players on the ground. But it is still good :)

go to .44 sec in and you will see many tanks , the whole vid has lots of players . Put vid together in 2008 so all of the film was b4 then.

On 9/3/2022 at 11:28 PM, Tatonka said:

1000s on the weekends :) 

Hmmmm ... i see what you are doing here ;)

Edited by choad
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, gretnine said:

Must be a different game that we're playing..

Must be, cause there aren't thousands playing this game anytime LOL

Hit or miss Id say. Sometimes I log on during USA primetime and you can find some action, other times its like pulling teeth to find some decent action and I just log off.  Try it for a month and see, thats all I can say.

1 hour ago, foe2 said:

Euro prime it feels like its collapsing. Most of the big squads are gone and not much seems to happen anymore in that time zone. 

Substantially raising the monthly rate combined with the EUR being at a 20 year low surely didn't help things this side of the Atlantic. :/

S.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 7:26 PM, McKeon said:

Thinking about redownloading game.  How has the player count been recently?

That's the wrong question.

The right question is .... If I resub will I be responsible for doubling the number of players and become a god?

• Haha 1

Well.........Im off.  Sub ends 9/10.  For $17.99 a month its just not worth it for me to continue especially when I only play like 5 hrs a month.  Ill just check in with the free account.

• Thanks 2

too many additions/work on useless units/equipment lately ... while the amount of game breaking bugs are still active ingame and untouched ... most even for years

in a short way ...
dead-horse-spank.gif

• Like 1

On 9/5/2022 at 9:07 AM, gretnine said:

Must be a different game that we're playing..

Yeah I agree. The player count has sucked lately, made worse by the side switchers.