Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

First Look: In-game Voice Comms

Cornered Rats

• CORNERED RAT

Matt "Xoom" Callahan

Please enjoy this first look at Integrated Voice Comms (IVC) which is currently in alpha testing. The RATS remain hard at work, and your subscriptions are helping make developments like these possible. Thank you, S!. https://youtu.be/B1acpgbMrzQ or click below.

{youtube}https://youtu.be/B1acpgbMrzQ{/youtube}

View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com

Does this include/have HC radio and squad radio for voice?

Or is it just local and mission?

What about target?

Edited by delems
  • Thanks 1

For area chat, this seems reasonable, but any other kind of chat seems like it should be properly limited to units that could actually communicate. Ie: units with radios that could talk, etc. Not air and inf.

On 9/19/2022 at 9:56 AM, Rws said:

Is there an Overlay to the game with this? I have 10+ on discord and the Overlay lets me know who is talking, very helpful.

There is an overlay the displays who is talking on  Integrated Voice Comms. (IVC).  Available on the Mac and PC.

Looks good I think it will help with small unit tactics and help out the infantry game in cities. So many times we don't coordinate because trying to type of communicate is certain death. Expecting people to be on the same discord channel in a MMOG is nonsense, so I think this is a big step forward! S!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/19/2022 at 4:48 PM, choad said:

Looks cool. Hopefully there is a way to disable though ... will be weird if you are operating a tow account for example.

Yes, really hoping and expecting there will be a way to toggle this on and off. I understand voice comms help the game experience overall, and assist with teamwork. But there are definitely times … just certain times … when immersion in the game for me means not hearing player chatter at all. Reading it is ok. 

An added bonus would be if there were something to denote when a player has voice comms switched off, so we would know in that case we have to send them a text chat if we need to make them aware of something. 

• CORNERED RAT

There will be ways to disable the voice.  At the mini-con, after a demo of the current state of the voice work,  the topic of a 'hotkey' to toggle it on and off was brought up and is being looked into.  

On 10/14/2022 at 12:25 AM, B2K said:

There will be ways to disable the voice.  At the mini-con, after a demo of the current state of the voice work,  the topic of a 'hotkey' to toggle it on and off was brought up and is being looked into.  

@B2KWhy don't you share with us this demo and / or the screenshots of the new ww2? Why don't you make us a report of that meeting? Not everyone lives in America, on the contrary... :)