Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Enough with the automated fighter awards already!!!

choad

• CORNERED RAT

Why?  Do players not deserve to be recognized when they achieve a milestone?

• Like 1

We have a stats page, and a community achievements page already. It already does this auto-recognition of achieving milestones, what is happening here is redundant. Spamming automatically generated awards sucks all the air out of the room and only waters down awards in general. Awards should be arrived at by HC or other community members as has been done in the past IMO.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, choad said:

We have a stats page, and a community achievements page already. It already does this auto-recognition of achieving milestones, what is happening here is redundant. Spamming automatically generated awards sucks all the air out of the room and only waters down awards in general. Awards should be arrived at by HC or other community members as has been done in the past IMO.

Agreed.

3 hours ago, choad said:

agreed +1

I like when they post the stats here after the campain , is that what your talking about ?

there are so many automated awards that they are pointless- it just fells the Awards page and no one reads it.  Perhaps increase the requirement for the award so that it has some meaning. 

• CORNERED RAT
20 hours ago, choad said:

We have a stats page, and a community achievements page already. It already does this auto-recognition of achieving milestones, what is happening here is redundant. Spamming automatically generated awards sucks all the air out of the room and only waters down awards in general.

Stats page doesn't do the awards.  The community achievements page doesn't maintain a (referenceable) permanent record.  

20 hours ago, choad said:

Awards should be arrived at by HC or other community members as has been done in the past IMO.

I agree fully - which is why I started the automation with an award that was in existence (and was 'active') within the High Command.  The only difference is now the onus is no longer on the pilot to take a screenshot of their AAR, send it to an HC member (who may or may not actually do anything with the submission), and then the HC officer(s) post the award.  

15 hours ago, blakeh said:

there are so many automated awards that they are pointless- it just fells the Awards page and no one reads it.  Perhaps increase the requirement for the award so that it has some meaning. 

There are actually not that many - if anything it shows how few other awards are being issued by the HC's.  Since I turned on the Ace automation (26 July (ignoring the first mass batch where I caught up the then 75 day old campaign at once) - 58 awards have been issued/posted.  So not even 1 per day on average (most in a day was 3).  

There are some player issued awards that do need to get posted, I will acknowledge that I do need to go through the discord channels to scoop up whatever recent awards are there to post, so there may be some out there.  Also I have to get the campaign awards out.  I'm sure there are also respective HC awards for players/squad(s)/officers of the campaign for the recently concluded campaign floating around as well.  

Awards are a nice compliment to a player who has played the game hard and fair. They are part of the glue that holds a community together and are, in their way, a compliment to those who actually fought the war we simulate. They are a salute to History.

Its not very often I see one that isn't deserved.

Edited by usaf77
  • Like 1