Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

FlaK 30 and 38 wobbling

steelhail

There was a thread covering this nicely, but unsure where that one went since I couldn't find it again. So guess I'll start it here, a brand new thread for a 1 year(?) old problem.

FlaK 30 and 38 are wobbling to an amount that they cannot be relied on as a weapon to use against anything flying. It doesn't matter where you deploy them, tarmark, concrete or grass/field. When you start firing at anything moving in the air it becomes very clear that the amount of uncontrollable recoil and the fact that the whole gun is rocking/wobbling, is not anything near as it was 2-3 years ago when everything with the 20mm gun family worked perfectly. Mind that the FlaK 38 supposedly had less recoil than the FlaK 30 and i say supposedly because I read this on wikipedia, which is so-so for research (ehem). 

Back to the main problem, I heard a rat (KORN, nice guy and squadmate btw) was working on the problem. I've not seen anyone addressing this issue in the forums, nor seen KORN on comms nor ingame for a long time now. I am concerned, that after all the hard work that went into the FlaK 37 (too inaccurate to be used reliably imho and I say this often to beginners) and the FlaK 38 and 30 (unplayable, simply unplayable!) these are assets that despite their potential get robbed of their usefulness. 

A tip for any coder might to look at the Opel Blitz SPAA with the FlaK 38 mounted. Here the FlaK 38 behaves like it used to, with no bouncing/wobbling/rocking as if deployed on a FREAKING TRAMPOLINE. Why does it work here and not when it is deployed on the ground? Might be a clue, who knows. This is by no means a towable gun, bigger target with a higher silhuette and contrary to the towable edition does not house AP rounds (thus useless against APC's and AFV's.) It's not eligable to be a substitute by many means.

Please take a look into this, some of us have been waiting a long time now for this bug to be reduced to ashes and I don't mean only the hardcore nerds like myself, I'm talking about players which usually are enjoying another of the game's niches. 

Thanks for hearing me out, I'm frustrated. Not at you, the rats but with the current state of the game and the reduction in fun which is caused by this issue. 

S!

PS. Have a beer or two, you've earned it. FK it, might as well have a big fat doobie and a bag of potato chips!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • CORNERED RAT

Steelhail,

Afternoon sir! Sorry I didn't see this thread sooner. I will take a close look at this guns and see what's up and get them straightened out. We are working quite hard on many things right now, and although this is something that needs to be fixed, other items took priority. You are also correct in stating that I have not been in game much at all lately. I will be online much more often now that things are smoothing out, see you in the skies!

-CORN 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rws said:

It would be fair if the light flak guns were equal on both sides.... but for now....

Why is it unequal?

the flaks start to shake more than delems if he goes an hour without a bottle of chard. The 88 and pak guns also do this to a lesser extent

• Haha 1

On 11/3/2022 at 6:45 PM, aef said:

Why is it unequal?

Go to training server. deploy the FlaK 38 and 30. shoot the entire ammo stash while pretending to lead a target in the skies. Then your question will answer itself, other than us axis already explaining it. But please see for yourself.

• Like 1

The Allied ATG's do it too, its frustrating things like this that should be fixed, it's probably something quite simple for a coder to fix

All AA guns actually have pretty awful “barrel climb” as if you were holding an auto rifle.

AA guns had worm screws and gears, so there is no such thing as muzzle climb. All AA guns should work like the 40mm Bofors, but spawn acis or allied and all the light AA guns have this weird muzzle climb issue.

2 hours ago, aismov said:

All AA guns actually have pretty awful “barrel climb” as if you were holding an auto rifle.

AA guns had worm screws and gears, so there is no such thing as muzzle climb. All AA guns should work like the 40mm Bofors, but spawn acis or allied and all the light AA guns have this weird muzzle climb issue.

Yes, however the FlaK 30 and 38 have a SEVERE problem of this. Even though the allied hotchkiss 25 has this as well it is incomparable to the problem the '30 and '38 have. Not sure why though, probably a game code update broke these particular two guns (unwillingly ofc).

• Thanks 2

Agree the Axis AA guns are much worse. If you map you gun fire to a keyboard and just hold fire it is funny where the shots end up going.

• Thanks 1

try shooting to your left and right (90 degrees) ... and not to the front after you have deployed.

the whole unit is extremely unstable then