Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Forum Access/Player Retention/Gameplay

robhood

It would be nice if "day one" vets could add to the conversation. And before folks pop off and say "sub", I kept an account for years w/o playing to support the game I no longer liked, (And I want to love this game again) in hopes it would return. It never has. You are trying to compete with FPS games,while having an FPS MMO /persistent world flavor hybred.

The game before was hard. No map, long drives/hikes to town. No EWS. No depots spawns or Mobile spawns. You want to attack town A from town B?  You planned it (maybe put a squad..remember those...in charge of the Op) And you drove, hiked, pushed and flew there. Bad guys would hunt from the air (because you had no AO's. Front line towns were all in play) and good guys would hunt the hunters. Intercede, intercept. Supply was truly an issue. No warping brigades around. Night was dark, yes too dark.  But it should still be harder to fly and drive in the dark.

I'm not going to run down all the differences between now and they, I'll just say this, some changes were needed for sure, some were debatable and others plain stupid if you wanted the game to remain what it was and retain the players that played it for was it was.. A SIM! (that allowed a FPS experience) but it was a SIM and that's what the advertising said and that's what folks signed up for.

If you went back to the game's roots and sold it as a SIM. Distinguished it from a shooter only. Highlighted the long trips, arduous logistical planning, steep learning curve (as a selling point) get rid of the arcadish insta-spawning (as a selling point) and went after the true SIM seeking players, you might be surprised.

What do you have to lose? The game has not, not will it ever get or retain players in it's current state. The very few players who play do like the game, but the numbers are unsustainable and have been for years. Do you risk losing them? But what do you gain?  Is there a solid core of Simmers ready. My old squad (3CD) still has 5 or so of us that have played and still play various games together. I know 4 or 5 that would give it ago. Not many right? but if every old squad had 5 simmers that wanted to try it again, that right there is more then the numbers in game right this second. And there may be 1000's of hard core simmers looking for this type of game.

You won't ever know if you don't try. And if you don't try, this game will never change.

• Like 1

To answer your first paragraph, I might get a nice ban from this... Quoted from Moderator

Hart1994, as you speculated, the issue is most likely due to your account being a free to play account (at least according to the forums).  For free accounts, posting is limited to a few forums (support/bug reporting, etc), with the ability to view content of a few additional.  

If you are on a paid plan, please submit a ticket to support.wwiionline.com so that we can figure out why the back end sync broke.  

Forums should be open - Plain Jane - We aren't here to poke fun at, sure restrictions of views HC command and stuff like that perfect but open up Squad discussions change the tune.

Edited by hart1994