Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Weird problem deletes textures and overlay?

steelhail

Starting the game and it all looks fine. The teather map is there and working, the chat bar works, the mission selection screens etc. 

When spawning into the game world it looks like in the pictures I'll post here. 

Nothing seems to be able to revert this except a fresh install. This is the second time I've had this problem within a month.

Edit; can't insert image URL from imgur.com where I uploaded the sceenshots.

Edited by steelhail

Aaand it's recurring. Seems to be triggered from joining attack missions from an FB to an active AO and selecting the G43 rifleman. That's the only pattern I can see. I reinstalled the game as it happened just now but the problem is still there. please look at the pictures I linked.

• CORNERED RAT

Will pass along to the team.  

Historically this sort of graphics issues have occurred when system memory or resources are nearly exhausted, any idea what your system was looking like when this occurred?

I believ it's since the patch we had in November?

Intel i7-4770k, AMD RX 590, 32 GB RAM, game isntalled on 1TB SSD with about 24 GB space left. Windows 10.

53 minutes ago, warspite said:

What language do you play the game in?

English. as all programs I use. OS language also set to english

ALso system load was minimal to low. Maybe 15-20% RAM was used max before I started the game.

Edited by steelhail

• Registered Users

@Steelhail  Do you have normal maps ticked on in the game preferences? If so try playing with them disabled in the game preferences and see if this still happens.

I'm just running past bugs through me old head tryin to figure out what this may be related too.

Seems I can play the game just fine until this error occurs. then I need to try and restart the game about 2-3 times for the problem to disappear so I can play. But it keeps coming back.

• Registered Users

If the game works normally sometimes and then this just happens, that's more likely a issue with your machine?

I've no way of replication to even offer a good guess.

I was having same issue. Played with some of the settings and have never had an issue again. Can't tell you which setting either. I was trying everything. 

It happened on multiple machines. I'm running 4096 x 2160 and its always smooth and no issues. I want to say it had something to do with map settings but not sure. 

Since I Turned on normal maps in the settings two days ago this hasn't come back. I also reinstalled graphics drivers yesterday just to make sure, but I didn't scrub the drivers after deinstallation and I didn't delete registry entries either.