Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

3rd Fallschirmjager Regiment

schwantz

Wondering why it shows me as a member of a squad on the stats page, when I have never joined a squad?

It shows me as a member of "3rd Fallschirmjager Regiment". I do remember @XOOM PM'ing me once about a month ago about joining the squad, but I declined. In the game, my tag doesn't show squad affiliation - and on the squad tab in the UI it does not say I am member of a squad. So needless to say I can't leave it.

If you look at squad members on the stats page for "3rd Fallschirmjager Regiment" you can see that it has a ton of members all of the sudden. When I looked it had 233 members - pretty evenly split between Allied and Axis, many of which appear to be first time subs. 

So what is going on here? Was something put into place to just scoop up new subs and toss them into a squad (I guess for stat purposes or something - I dunno)?

• 2 weeks later...

There is the function that once you log in you are offered squads to join. You can either do so or not. If you do join a squad it is only a temp thing until an actual member approves you. I think that after a certain amount of days you will be kicked from the squad if not given the final approval from a squad member. The function was created as a way for a new player to text chat with an organized to make their transition into the game not so confusing.   

• CORNERED RAT

@schwantzThat is Xoom's squad so it looks like he scooped you up and added you to the squad.  I'm not sure how to do that without you accepting a squad invite but maybe he does.

Just send him a PM to be removed.

S!

• CORNERED RAT

You can always leave a squad by typing: .leave and accept.

But if you want to stick around and be a Fallschirmjager, that's cool too :). We are not able to add in users arbitrarily into a squad, so it could've been when you first signed up to the game for example (we call that the host squad program). Not sure of the particular circumstance. S! 

21 hours ago, XOOM said:

You can always leave a squad by typing: .leave and accept.

But if you want to stick around and be a Fallschirmjager, that's cool too :). We are not able to add in users arbitrarily into a squad, so it could've been when you first signed up to the game for example (we call that the host squad program). Not sure of the particular circumstance. S! 

@XOOMNo. Maybe I wasn't clear. In game ... my unit has no squad affiliation. My name when viewed from a 3rd person perspective has no squad listed under my name. On the squad tab ... it says i am not a member of a squad, so there is nothing to leave.

Yet ... when you go to your stats page ... all of my stats are rolled up under the "3rd Fallschirmjager Regiment". If you got to "3rd Fallschirmjager Regiment" squad members ... i am listed as a member, which i am not. If you view my persona or player summary it clearly says that I am a member ... which I am not.

I have to believe that this is the case for many players ... by reading the names, most of them are new just like I was. This squad i haven't heard a lot about in the past ... yet last campaign they had almost 250 members (again most of them new). I don't think it was due to auto-recruit necessarily or the ui inviting upon just getting into the game.

Anyways .. the main question was.... if i am not a member of a squad in the game, why is it lumping me in as a member of a squad on the stats page?

Not the end of the world type issue ... just curious how to clear it up.

Edited by schwantz