Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Capture timers.

delems

The capture timer is not 4 min as was recently stated.

I just timed a solo 6 min one.

I thought it was fixed?  So under pop caps faster, but over pop never goes beyond the standard 4 min timer?

Edited by delems

43 minutes ago, delems said:

The capture timer is not 4 min as was recently stated.

I just timed a solo 6 min one.

I thought it was fixed?  So under pop caps faster, but over pop never goes beyond the standard 4 min timer?

OP still caps the entire town as fast as all the caps can happen when they are at whatever to 1 odds. More in every CP than total defenders. How about once a side becomes > X:1, they can just select towns on the map and change them with no caps required at all?

These things drag on for too long indeed. You have this extreme one sided campaign before and now allies get pushed back after advancing initially and work put in. Some of the truth about player numbers is, that there are too many events and developments that make people log for a long time or maybe forever.

Always have two AOs when one side has 70% of towns?

Edited by dpetraeus

Started the timer last night for a few attacks, while on defense. 

Lens:

Starts stop watch: EWS is tripped  = 1 minute later AO goes up = 3:20 sec mark = ews goes double double = EI in the VS = un-possible :p to set a proper defense = 14:10  mark, first facility falls.= 26:15 mark the town falls.

I have probably done this close to a hundred times.  Results vary due to quite a few factors. How drastic the pop dif is,  quantity of FB's or No FB's at all(like last nights Roubiax defense), size of   the AO itself (size of town being attacked) and there seems to be a tier differential as well. The type and amount of equipmnet.

Roubiax defense for example last night, the attacker had no FB. Ews goes off, defenders scramble, HC places the AO a minute and a half later. Time till Capture (obj i) counts down and town goes contested. Again roughly 13 to 14 minutes after initial ews the first facility falls. After that we dug in around the W cp and the bunker. Kudos to the team work and the communications. The dif here is we were able to get out. No FB meant way less armor (for a short time anyways) and do to the size of the town we kinda held for a bit. The point was we were out and had a CHANCE to move about and DEPLOY. We werent gonna hold,thats a given, but we at least had a fighting chance.  Needless to say the town held for a bit and the last two facilities to fall was the W CP and the AB. That was my last timed event and forgot write down a time total. It was over a half hour or so. At least as twice as long as Lens and a way better defensive type game play.

A lot of gameplay factors get  exposed and to watch (because now your paying attention) it unfold, really magnifies certin gamplay aspects. One being the Corney [censored] gameplay sappers/shrecks put on display chasing tanks around and bee lining to the VS's. Horrible game play. They should be facility spawned ONLY or GREATLY reduced from OFFENSIVE deployed PPO's. Capture an enemy facility and you'll get that type of supply. 

The there is the active battles tab with missions everywhere except across the street from the CP that was just captured. Since were into herding players how about an auto generated defense mission spwanred in via the map. Would do wonders at getting players were they need to be and clear up the disastrous active battles tab. 

Try it. Watch the EWS. Take a glimpse at  the time it takes from EWS going off,  AO placement and the defenders ability to get out and defend.

Deployment timers, reduced gear types being spawned in the middle of a field, facility spawning (thats right) via the map with Auto generated defense missions. Would do wonders.

Oh and watch on Sunday.....more numbers dont fix it either so dont bring that to the table operation Fury last week proved that. 

• Thanks 1

If we want anything done about the cap timers issue - gonna need some videos guys. Otherwise CRS is just gonna sluff it off. TY.

Edited by schwantz