Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Open Beta: Integrated Voice Comms

Cornered Rats

• CORNERED RAT
Cornered Rats

Matt "Xoom" Callahan

We're pleased to announce that WWII Online is entering Open Beta on Integrated Voice Comms (IVC), starting this Tuesday, December 6th 2022. It will require a full installation in a new directory (Public Beta), and all campaign gameplay will be temporarily frozen on this Tuesday (12/6) and Thursday (12/8) between 5PM-8PM Pacific Standard Time (Server Time) each day. All players will be able and eligible to participate, experiencing Integrated Voice Communications for the very first time. Please continue reading this article to get the full installers plugged in now, review our Wiki page which has instructions for configuration, and learn about our official release date planned.

This is a defining moment for WWII Online's history and trajectory and will for ever change game play for the better. Thanks to all of our subscribers and team at CRS for their support in making this possible. Spoiler alert inside of an un-announced feature...

View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com

Can't join on mac --  I can get it to launch by pointing at the internal executable (/Applications/WWII\ Online\ PublicBeta.app/Contents/MacOS/WWII\ Online  --args -authserver auth.corneredrats.com -arena 109) but I get 404 error. Otherwise I get a "permission denied" error using zsh and <target> s a directory using sh

also adding to the Mac users that can't access, 2 Mac systems/accounts, OS 12.6 Monterey, both well above min specs.
I had noticed the location syntax issue - spaces needing to replace with "\ " in filenames / urls - which was the same fix Palatine has, and got the same 404 results upon entering login credentials.  

I also don't have access to builder forums currently. Not a huge issue for me, but in case there was some connection that's one other odd thing of late. Happy to post pics & more detail if needed.

Edited by zippo

In Terminal, the following worked for me:

open '/Applications/WWII Online PublicBeta.app'   --args -authserver auth.corneredrats.com -arena 109

using Mac M1 mini.

• Registered Users

Anyone with configuration issues for IVC needs to post here by providing their system specs.  We hope to see more people online for the BETA tonight, !S.