Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Sound issues

ezrelay

Sound volume pulses. Almost like a skip/reverb. Tanks especially for some reason. Maybe do to the persistent sound while the engine is running. Hi-low, hi-low volume etc...

• CORNERED RAT

Have you experienced this prior to this last IVC release or only since its release?  Is it happening all the time or only in certain circumstances?  Can you record it and send it to our support team?

@FRISBONEbest i could do. Its really not that pronounced in the audio during playback. You can slightly hear it when spinning out during the spawn out process. In the headset its still very pronounced

I popped on a while, and could barely hear anything. Put in ear buds, sorta better, but aside from me actually shooting, the game world was completely silent in the AB (another inf was there couldn't hear him walking). Went to an MSP, could hear shooting, a 232, etc, but seemed like the volume was way low (which maybe is fine?).

I was never close enough to an ei to see if I could hear them—which would be novel, since Macs are not allowed to hear ei.

Just rage quit, finally got near a ton of ei, no noise of course.

How about not adding new sound features when old ones don;t work.

• CORNERED RAT
7 hours ago, ezrelay said:

@FRISBONEbest i could do. Its really not that pronounced in the audio during playback. You can slightly hear it when spinning out during the spawn out process. In the headset its still very pronounced

Certainly I'd understand it during despawn.  Otherwise I'm not detecting anything too out of the normal in that clip.   I'll send a note to our audio guy to see if he detects any differences.  One thing you might want to do as a test is to increase your SFX volume back to full to see if it goes back to what you think is normal.  Might just be that having the sound attenuated a bit might be causing some slight pulsing distortion?  Post here if you have any further observations and I'll pass this along.

• CORNERED RAT
12 hours ago, tater said:

Just rage quit, finally got near a ton of ei, no noise of course.

How about not adding new sound features when old ones don;t work.

You realized that you can adjust your own game's volume within the game's preferences, right?

2 hours ago, SNIPER62 said:

You realized that you can adjust your own game's volume within the game's preferences, right?

Honestly I forgot, and for some inexplicable reason the "patch" replaced my ww2ol application with an app of a slightly different name, and did not keep my preferences, so the default was set to ~20%. Something I have literally never touched in years. No idea what the old one was set to, but I could hear things before (except ei, some patch a few years ago borked ei, and I have never heard them since unless I painfully max my volume such that it makes my ears hurt to hear friendly inf).

• 1 month later...

Related to the current version:

1. The text chat gets constantly spammed with Voice Communication Online and Voice Communications Unavailable (or something like that) to the point the regular chat is nearly useless.

2. I won't even think about considering IVC use until the outstanding sound issue—Macs not hearing ei at all—is fixed.