Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Make IVC based on Target not Mission

choad

Can't post in the proper form due to sub status ..... but ... IVC channel needs to be Squad/Target instead of Squad/Mission. Many people create their own missions to save time out of habit. Way quicker than scrolling through the UI and figuring out which mission is at which depot you want to come in on. Also - there aren't all that many people playing at any moment in time, even high pop. Target chat would be WAY more helpful. Mission chat is a bust IMO. Exmaple: During the testing I had to intentionally join a mission to test this feature, something I rarely do unless I see something in text coms telling me I need to join this person for a reason. I know creating a mission can be an adventure for new players - so to me this feature seems drastically geared towards new players and vets probably will benefit little. Squad chat is great thought. Wish there was a way to someohow listen on both - but broadcast on your desired channel. Not sure how that could be executed - but that would be ideal.

Edited by choad

• Registered Users

This is just the initial implementation.

I believe the current plan is to add a Target channel as well.  For combined arms you really need it,

So in the future you should have squad/mission/target to toggle between.  Or maybe even more is they come up with any others they think is needed.

• Like 1

Also - FWIW - I have heard about quite a few issues. Mainly players complaining that "IVC is offline" . I have experienced this once (just now as I type this actually) - so it is definately a thing. I don't think IVC has worked properly all morning. Never heard a single other player talk, or anyone respond to my talking. I know this could be just because players don't want to use it for whatever reason - but paired together with all these reports in chat of people asking what to do because ivc is offline. Feels like a real thing to me.

• CORNERED RAT
3 hours ago, choad said:

Also - FWIW - I have heard about quite a few issues. Mainly players complaining that "IVC is offline" . I have experienced this once (just now as I type this actually) - so it is definately a thing. I don't think IVC has worked properly all morning. Never heard a single other player talk, or anyone respond to my talking. I know this could be just because players don't want to use it for whatever reason - but paired together with all these reports in chat of people asking what to do because ivc is offline. Feels like a real thing to me.

We're looking into the issue