Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

game is unplayable. literally

dijpa

your recent patch makes it almost impossible to play this game now. barely 1 in 10 attempts to connect to the server actually works anymore... never ever had a problem connecting before this patch now it just hangs at various stages of the loading screen. Then when I'm in game I try to spawn in and it just pauses and hangs then gives an error pop no connection... try again, and it lets me in.... despawn, hangs.... CTD....

pretty pointless tbh

• CORNERED RAT

Put in a ticket at support.wwiionline.com so that our team can assist with troubleshooting.  Sounds like you've got something fairly unique going on.

• Thanks 1

• CORNERED RAT
23 minutes ago, dijpa said:

your recent patch makes it almost impossible to play this game now. barely 1 in 10 attempts to connect to the server actually works anymore... never ever had a problem connecting before this patch now it just hangs at various stages of the loading screen. Then when I'm in game I try to spawn in and it just pauses and hangs then gives an error pop no connection... try again, and it lets me in.... despawn, hangs.... CTD....

pretty pointless tbh

When you try to load the game, and it goes wrong, do please try to get a "DXDIAG" read out for us so we can try to diagnose. 

Details on that can be found here: https://crs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360051189893-Crash-To-Desktop-CTD-

constant problems spawning in.... "an internal spawn error has occured".... meaning I have to cancel mission, create new mission, try and spawn in again.... after 4th attempt managed to spawn in.... got a few kills , died.... then CTD at the death screen.... 

I'll try and get dxdiag next time

similar issues i just submitted a ticket and noticed u dont have windows7 as an option lol....i been using windows7 for awhile so maybe thats my problem/?

58 minutes ago, aef said:

similar issues i just submitted a ticket and noticed u dont have windows7 as an option lol....i been using windows7 for awhile so maybe thats my problem/?

Wow, W7? 

That's gotta be a problem. Minimum specs on the website say Windows 8/8.1

Buy a new comp, ya cheapo. 

• Haha 1

• CORNERED RAT
1 hour ago, aef said:

Yeah... Windows 7 is super end of life. Not surprised there. Definitely time to upgrade especially as we look to advance technologies further.

1 hour ago, XOOM said:

Yeah... Windows 7 is super end of life. Not surprised there. Definitely time to upgrade especially as we look to advance technologies further.

strange enough i just played for an hour no problems 

Edited by aef

2 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

Wow, W7? 

That's gotta be a problem. Minimum specs on the website say Windows 8/8.1

Buy a new comp, ya cheapo. 

I got them kids, a girlfriend and a wife on the side so i aint go no chedda cheese mo

• CORNERED RAT
2 hours ago, aef said:

strange enough i just played for an hour no problems 

Huh, that's weird. Congrats, but I wouldn't say it's a long-term thing O_o. Still highly recommend upgrading soon.

• Registered Users

This is from the Dev's 

Because IVC makes use of a lot more libraries than in the past it caused us to have to pick a more recent baseline for underlying OS support.  IVC expects that the underlying hardware API is capable of certain modern things so as of this point Windows 10, and Catalina (10.15 for OSX) are now minimums.  This was unavoidable.  Probably would have been better if we were able to give the community advanced warning - but to be fair, both have been out now for a really long time so we are talking about folks that are really out of date.

16 hours ago, aef said:

Jesus christ J. Update your damn machine. 

19 hours ago, aef said:

Prop not I use windows 7 on my 2nd account and I got no issues at all.

2nd PC , runs perfectly fine .

Edited by Dre21

3 hours ago, gretnine said:

Jesus christ J. Update your damn machine. 

Neva!

well at least till i can find a cheap one that runs this game any suggestions?

Edited by aef

2 hours ago, aef said:

Neva!

I paid 50 bucks for my 2nd and all I use it for is WWIIOL , it runs it just fine, windows 7  the exact system parameters I will need to look up.

Its my tow , cart me around account and occasionally watch my back and CP early warn system , lol . And of course spotter .

56 minutes ago, Dre21 said:

I paid 50 bucks for my 2nd and all I use it for is WWIIOL , it runs it just fine, windows 7  the exact system parameters I will need to look up.

Its my tow , cart me around account and occasionally watch my back and CP early warn system , lol . And of course spotter .

I been using the same computer since 2011 though i put a “newer” graphics card in last year a nvidia 750 which has gotten me somewhat unscathed save gor the occasional ctd but mostly that seemed related to audio like getting blown up suddenly ingame by a satchel then bam ctd on despawn 

• Registered Users

The one in my sig I built January 2010. I'd upgraded it from win 7 to win 10 when 10 came out. 

I just bought a new one a few weeks ago so that one is now my 2nd machine.

The core duo machine, also upgraded to win 10,  which I had built around 2006 I think

I recently struck a old amd vid card in it so I could test texture changes we did to speed up loading with amd vid cards. 

6 hours ago, aef said:

Neva!

Try this. pcbuilder youtube $597 1440p build (forum won't let me link the vid)

2 hours ago, Sudden said:

Thnks sudden i will check this out…why did you eat @MikeAZ?

3 hours ago, Sudden said:

Deflation.

Vintage Computer Ads Show How Far We've Come | Time