Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Opening the map while flying now causes stutters/micro-freezes

sascha

I already did a dot bug on this one, but I'll repeat it here to add some info:

Never experienced this sort of thing before the current game version.

Other players report the same thing, so I'm pretty sure it's not my system causing this.

Opening the map will put the game into a "let me think about this" sort of state, micro-freezing up on me as if my game was installed on a tired old HDD and not on a brand-new M.2 SSD.

This seems to be an air only thing for me - spawned a supply Opel and map behavior seemed unchanged from previous versions.

Went back into a plane and behavior was back, but not consistently so. Freezes will vary in length/intensity and not every press of "M" will cause them.

Someone on comms mentioned a theory that this was related to the player-vehicle's current speed, which seems to make sense to me. Sitting stationary in the hangar, I did not encounter this - nor while crawling through the terrain in my slow AF supply-truck.

S.

• Like 1

Same, since latest patch the further the map is zoomed out the longer it takes to load up. Zoomed in (to the point where its no longer useful for looking at AWS) the map loads as it used to prior to patch

unsure if this is correct but I just read on disc that someone said the in game map lag does not occur if the IVC server is offline (maybe he just had the map zoomed in to test this and is mistaken, unknown)

On 12/13/2022 at 3:39 PM, OLDZEKE said:

Looks to be related to how far the map is zoomed out when opened.

Yeah.... I've tried it again after I read that comment of yours and you're absolutely right it seems. Vehicle speed doesn't matter at all - nor does air vs ground. It seems solely related to how far the map is zoomed out. The further out I have my zoom, the worse the stutters get.

Might add that (on my system at least), ping seems to also drop when I open the map. It's hard to catch when you're not looking for it, but I did notice my all-green ping goes well into the orange for a bit when I open the map. Not sure if this only happens on low zoom, since I wasn't smart enough to check. These days I'm getting mostly sub 100ms (92 - 99, sometimes straying into triple digit numbers), but with the map opening ping shoots up to around 150, 160 or so before settling back in the green zone.

Used to be that only my FPS would drop by ludicrous margins when I opened the map but since they never went low enough to cause any sort of slow-down/freezes, I didn't really care.

S.

• Registered Users

It is ticketed. I'm sure some were seeing this before IVC was released. 

• Like 1

On 12/15/2022 at 3:14 PM, OLDZEKE said:

It is ticketed. I'm sure some were seeing this before IVC was released. 

Thanks!

Well.. it didn't happen to me before.

I'll add another observation: Zooming out quickly seems to also trigger that "pings goes into orange territory"-behavior. Let me know if you need any system information from me and/or a video demonstrating this.

S.