Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

deleting old playarc files?

pfmosquito

Doing some storage management on my hard drive and I see that there are a ton of playarc files, named with numbers (eg, playarc11.ww2) and often up to 500mb in size, and with dates ranging back as far as 2019. Possibly further, dunno. 

Right now, for example, I have a playarc07.ww2 for both the main game and online public beta which is exactly the same file size, from december 2022. I can't imagine I need the beta one now, right?

What is the guiding principle here for knowing when they can be deleted?

• Registered Users

If they are in your live, campaign, folder then they are needed in order for the game to run.

The public beta is finished, that can be uninstalled.

• CORNERED RAT
10 hours ago, pfmosquito said:

what IS a playerarc file

Files that the game uses to function. 

• CORNERED RAT
20 hours ago, pfmosquito said:

That's the best answer I can give - each one serves a specific function for the game.  They all need to be there or the game won't work.  

• Like 1

• Registered Users

Under Windows, the WWII Online Game client is installed under the folder C:\Program Files\CRS. It is possible to have a couple of game clients installed under that directory. Just recently there was a PublicBeta Client available as a pre-release for introduction IVC. It would have been installed into the folder C:\Program Files\CRS\WWII Online_PublicBeta. The client for the current live game is now always installed into the C:\Program Files\CRS\WWII Online. This is a new titled client. The previous client, pre-IVC release, would be titled World War II Online. It is possible to have versions of that as well. As part of the Windows installer there is also an uninstaller to completely remove that clients installed files. This functionality is a Windows requirement.

The safest way to remove unused Game clients is to use their respective Uninstallers. The uninstaller for each game client can be found at either C:\Program Files\CRS\<ClientTitle>\unins000.exe OR via the Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Programs and Features tab. Scroll down the display list and look for the Game client you wish to uninstall and double click the name. You will then be presented with the option to uninstall that client.

There is an unfortunate catch. One released IVC Public Beta client had an error that deleted some files from the Live client, causing it fail to launch. The solution is to completely uninstall the corrupted Live game client then preform a fresh reinstall of it. If all of the WWIIOnline game clients have been removed from your computer, the folder C:\Program Files\CRS should also be removed as well.

Cheers.

• Like 1