Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Killer N/A

derfflingr

The killer N/A is showing up in stats again, as well as people I kill (a few, not very many) not having their name show up in my kill list. The mission kill is there, just no name. Usually is names I do not recognize as long time players, so new people Maybe?

Had a mission last night that did list all my kills by name in-game, but there was one of those names/kill-listings missing on the stats-page. Weirdly enough, it did show the correct number of total kills and there were no "phantom-Hurricane" shenanigans involved since none of the vehicles killed had more than one crew position.

qYN1XJ.missingkill.jpg

There's one F2P Hawk75 missing here for some reason. Pretty sure it was a different player than any of the other four listed here, so maybe it's account-related or something?

OTOH, that Hawk was eating an insane amount of ammo. Note 361 total hits for me and I only ever shot at six or seven fighters that mission. Plus at least two other players also dumped quite a lot of ammo into that one Hawk75, so maybe it was also a ping-issue? I did get the credit in-game, so there was no plug-pulling involved I reckon.

S.

Edited by sascha

Shot up lordjim/lordtim trying to camp Gilze yesterday.   Got the kill on his truck, only damage on the cml38 after putting a full clip of LMG into both positions. 

Checked his stats and he was KIA with no killer lol. 

It means that whoever killed you hasn't died yet. You have to wait until they die, or at least they despawn, for that sortie to count. Which is why you will find Killer N/A. It happened to me too. Then after some minutes, the usernames came up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, soldierkj said:

It means that whoever killed you hasn't died yet.

That's true for the "Killer N/A" stuff... it's always been like that.

However... it doesn't explain this:

4 hours ago, derfflingr said:

as well as people I kill (a few, not very many) not having their name show up in my kill list.

... nor what moe or I have reported.

S.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, sascha said:

That's true for the "Killer N/A" stuff... it's always been like that.

However... it doesn't explain this:

... nor what moe or I have reported.

S.

Huh, that's weird 

• CORNERED RAT

I've recently started poking around some stats stuff.  The killer N/A and discrepancies between totals and the by name lists (ie total kills =3, but only 2 names listed) are among the items i'm hoping to correct. 

• Thanks 1

@ B2K I am aware of the Total kills is 3 but on;y 2 showing. For me, when that happens, it mostly is due to the Hurricane bug, I kill a gun (AAA or ATG) or tank and getting credit for 2 kills due to killing both crew, but only 1 name listed in AAR for that item.

• CORNERED RAT
11 minutes ago, derfflingr said:

@ B2K I am aware of the Total kills is 3 but on;y 2 showing. For me, when that happens, it mostly is due to the Hurricane bug, I kill a gun (AAA or ATG) or tank and getting credit for 2 kills due to killing both crew, but only 1 name listed in AAR for that item.

I've got a theory on the hurricane bug as well, but that'll take a bit for me to get around to as I'm not well versed in c++.  Though if I am correct, I may not need it.

6 hours ago, B2K said:

The killer N/A and discrepancies between totals and the by name lists (ie total kills =3, but only 2 names listed) are among the items i'm hoping to correct. 

Please do... it cost me an ace mission in this case *sniff*... never got the notification, even though I killed 5 there... :D

S.

Ohhh..... this is interesting:

I just went through some random folks' stats and found multiple missions from a few days ago that are still listed as "Killer N/A" - which definitely shouldn't happen unless all those killers never despawned from those missions and stayed on them for days and days. I haven't had this one happen to me (yet), so I wasn't aware that this also is a thing.

Could be the same bug that causes certain kills not to show up on the stats-page's tally - if your killer is one of those names that's not shown/"seen" by the stats, then I guess it makes sense that the page would display "Killer N/A".

Which still doesn't explain why you would see all the names and the correct total (and most probably your killer) on the in-game AAR and why the stats-page will also display the correct total.

S.

On 12/26/2022 at 5:22 AM, soldierkj said:

It means that whoever killed you hasn't died yet. You have to wait until they die, or at least they despawn, for that sortie to count. Which is why you will find Killer N/A. It happened to me too. Then after some minutes, the usernames came up. 

While this is true, it doesn't account for all the cases of Killer n/a. There definately is an issue. I looked through your sorties only after the new year and there were this happened no fewer than 40 times.