Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Engine on bug

Mosizlak

If you're on a sortie for more than 10 minutes, almost every unit with an engine has the engine on bug. This has been happening for a decade. 

Cmon. There's gotta be a fix for this. 

• Thanks 1

I found the reason for the engine on bug when I was on the volunteer team but my fix was thought to effect plane engines even though they were completely separate in the code, I left the team before I could look into it. 

Unfortunately the coders aren't working on the old game anymore so it will never be fixed.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Whatever it is, the StuG B was one of the worst offenders. Totally negated the idea of ambush play in that thing

there are a few (crappy) work arounds to the engine bug that prob arent helpful but does help you understand it a little

1) if unit has engine bug, if you OR it leaves your audio range (~1.6km ground vehix) and re enters your range, it will be fixed unless the bug happens again somehow

2) if you spawn in/respawn that also counts as leaving range so you will no longer hear a bugged player (unless it bugs again)

Knowing these 2 things is useful because I initially thought if I had the engine bug that it meant everyone will hear me as bugged until I personally despawned. That isnt the case

The bug still sucks though. Notice it happening excessively on panzer/stug/halftrack while playing allied this camp. Its a double edged sword as it kind of gives the sound bugged unit an advantage though because you never know if its moving or not and may think its safe to eng on and move without worrying about the enemy hearing you over their engine

Edited by lovewing