Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Readme: Version 1.37.0.2 (Hotfix)

Cornered Rats

• CORNERED RAT
Cornered Rats

Cornered Rat SoftwareHappy New Year soldiers! This hotfix is aimed at smoothing out integrated voice comms some more. We have plans to add TARGET voice chat and more features soon. Please continue to use IVC and standby for more updates on this. Thanks for your support!

View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com

Is there a way to turn off the chat notes about voice comms turning on and off? It's literally most of my chat at this point.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2023 at 2:38 PM, tater said:

Is there a way to turn off the chat notes about voice comms turning on and off? It's literally most of my chat at this point.

fiHqqGK.png

^^^ My chat most of the time.

I fundamentally disagree with the voice chat functionality, so I won't be using it—I'm fine with area chat within actual earshot, no farther, other than that, a hard no.

Seems as if CRS would want a major feature like Integrated Voice Comms to be universally used.

If CRS designed IVC so its unrealism causes realism-liking customers to not use it...maybe something's wrong with IVC's design.

One might think CRS either would want to revise the functionality so that realism-liking customers would be willing to use it, or alternately find ways to not have realism-liking customers.

That same conflict in game functionality keeps arising. Recently it was said that when CRS designs game elements with realism in mind, players revolt because realistic gameplay isn't fun for them. Air players for instance want an unhindered ability to attack ground targets, and if 40mm AA was realistically lethal, continuously-looping-and-strafing pilots quickly would be shot down.

If realism causes that many problems, maybe it should be abandoned as a supposed design goal, and the game's marketing message should be revised.

Air demands the ability to fly 100% normally... at night. In bad weather. So we have 24/7 air.

Tanks need to be able to hear infantry... OK, well just as I would like gun accuracy and ROF to be calibrated to RL shooting (off hand, and bench rested), I would like audible noises to be calibrated to the real world as well. Normal inf hearing (as inf) until you shoot your rifle/SMG/MG. Then what passes for normal hearing with your ears ringing. Normal hearing for a tank crew (meaning calibrated to open/closed, in/out of tank for CO, etc)—with the engine off. Then with the engine on—and how long being inside with the engine on messes up hearing when turned off. Then the same after an MG fires. Then the main gun.

My guess is many don't want any realism, they just want to camp.

BTW, I have local IVC turned on... which I hear briefly every few days. I've probably heard maybe 3 phrases spoken since IVC went live. So literally the only voice chat that should certainly exist is apparently not used by anyone.

Edited by tater

8 minutes ago, tater said:

Air demands the ability to fly 100% normally... at night. In bad weather. So we have 24/7 air.

Tanks need to be able to hear infantry... OK, well just as I would like gun accuracy and ROF to be calibrated to RL shooting (off hand, and bench rested), I would like audible noises to be calibrated to the real world as well. Normal inf hearing (as inf) until you shoot your rifle/SMG/MG. Then what passes for normal hearing with your ears ringing. Normal hearing for a tank crew (meaning calibrated to open/closed, in/out of tank for CO, etc)—with the engine off. Then with the engine on—and how long being inside with the engine on messes up hearing when turned off. Then the same after an MG fires. Then the main gun.

My guess is many don't want any realism, they just want to camp.

BTW, I have local IVC turned on... which I hear briefly every few days. I've probably heard maybe 3 phrases spoken since IVC went live. So literally the only voice chat that should certainly exist is apparently not used by anyone.

I think we have to face the reality of Discord and Teamspeak. They exist without limits therefore CRS has no choice in the matter if they want players to use it.