Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Lag Spikes & Occasional CTD's

Poker

Recently (let's say the last couple of weeks), we (our squad) have been experiencing significant lag spikes (the ping shoots up into the thousands) and we're all having more CTD's.

I'm seeing people log early because of it - obviously not good.

This isn't a system thing as it is happening to many of us. It isn't location specific as this is happening to squaddies in Europe and North America.

Edited by Poker

This has been the case server wide for multiple people I've spoken to. Screen freezes for a second or two, but audio keeps going on the background. Ping counter says the ping shoots into 10s of thousands during the freeze. Rats have been doing daily server restarts every morning European time, so I'm assuming they at least know the server is having issues. 

I personally haven't experienced any spikes the past few days ever since the daily restarts, nor any CTDs when the spiking happened. 

Edited by gretnine

I had that issue too , very annoying , in dense fights one could say ok , but when all alone driving through the country side one goes WTF , especially when 20 min in and one gets force despawned.

4 hours ago, gretnine said:

I personally haven't experienced any spikes the past few days ever since the daily restarts, nor any CTDs when the spiking happened. 

Yeah unfortunately it's continued for a number of us during the European evenings. Op Amplify was obviously a lag fest in Viaden and I guess this data can be used to evaluate server capacity however we're still getting this when on our own at FB's etc - exactly how you've detailed it.

@XOOM did you recently change server, or did I imagine reading that somewhere?

11 minutes ago, Poker said:

@XOOM did you recently change server, or did I imagine reading that somewhere?

Server did move to east coast from Portland a while ago. But the lag spikes people are experiencing sound pretty recent (December'ish)

ping appears to be tied to fps in some way

when on T server trying to record footage w/ picture in picture mode of the 2 clients running at 4k res and then screen recording with OBS my GPU would bog down on the 2nd client giving me single digit fps and ping over 20k without disconnecting me

The hiccup/brief freeze that tanks fps could be causing the spike in ping as well

Edited by lovewing

3 hours ago, lovewing said:

ping appears to be tied to fps in some way

Has to be, and vice versa. Noticed it also during a DNS outage my area had last year during a storm. Connection slowed => FPS worsened. I guess you could try and reproduce it by trying to throttle your speed and check how it affects your FPS.

Edited by gretnine

I often get a stutter now when I'm despawning.  Like 1 second.

Noticeable and annoying and didn't have it before best I recall.

• 2 weeks later...

It's back again, can't even change a town w/o like 1 to 2 second delay.

Almost unplayable again, like it was a few days ago.

Evening changing personas lags now.