Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Armor/Truck Bug

crescent

Probably known but, start driving and the vehicle quickly stops moving, can’t steer or you have to push joystick forward to move. 

YesI’ve tried remapping etc. 

1 hour ago, crescent said:

Probably known but, start driving and the vehicle quickly stops moving, can’t steer or you have to push joystick forward to move. 

YesI’ve tried remapping etc. 

Do you mean that you have to keep the accelerator pressed in order to keep moving forward?

• Registered Users

@crescent Is this a change from previously as no one else has mentioned anything . I always had to push joystick forward to move and then no push is coasting and pull back is brake. Might need to re-calibrate your JS 

12 hours ago, warspite said:

Do you mean that you have to keep the accelerator pressed in order to keep moving forward?

So I’ve always had throttle (accelerator) mapped to the slider on the joystick. Sometimes it works and other times I have to use joystick forward. Other times the vehicle just stops and nothing makes it move. 

12 hours ago, TR6AL said:

@crescent Is this a change from previously as no one else has mentioned anything . I always had to push joystick forward to move and then no push is coasting and pull back is brake. Might need to re-calibrate your JS 

Yes this is something different since I started playing again about a month ago. I will check on a recalibration as you mentioned. Flying or moving aa/at guns is np using the slider on joystick as usual. Only vehicles.

19 hours ago, TR6AL said:

I ran into that issue , I have 2 PCs ( tow account) and both are keymapped the same , but on the 2nd account my acceleration did not work just like Cresent has the issue  ,  I think I Uninstalled the game twice and played around with the key mapper,  I may have deleted all files that did contain to WWIIOL. 

I unfortunately can't recall what really fixed it, but I think I kept fiddling with the keymapper till it finally worked. But it was frustrating to say the least.

• Registered Users

Nice to see you back @crescent, it’s been a while.

Not sure what your JS issue is as I have never had that type of problem . 
What type or Js are you using ?

Does it use special software?

Do you have a different one you can swap out to test ?

Pc or Mac?

As far as I know we have not changed anything that would affect Vehicles wrt joysticks.

You might try Saving your .cfml files in a different folder temporarily and try the default to see if any difference. 
I am not part of Support by the way , just trying to help…

• Registered Users

Using the default mapping for joystick, stick center is engine idle, no braking. So the vehicle is not under acceleration and like a RL vehicle with standard transmission will slow down.

For myself I've always remapped the joystick throttle as the gas/accelerator. To me it gives better control and separates accelerator from steering and brake.