Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Another Armor Bug Video

dfire

While I wait for the other armor issue videos to be put in the review and/or ticketed category, here's another issue to look into.

The funny thing is I started recording this to record another armor bug that was happening- shots disappearing/not registering into tanks. That is a whole other issue itself. I hit it square in the rear 3x, none of the shots registered, which is when I turned on my screen recording software, where this video begins.

I'll remove all these bug videos from YouTube once the issues are ticketed, or at least scheduled for review, so they don't turn people away from the game. However, I strongly feel it is my duty leave them up until then for accountability reasons.

@Mosizlak check this one out lmao

Edited by dfire
  • Like 1

How come that allied crew isn't dead as soon as et flames?

And if not dead, there is no way they would stay in tank, they'd abandon it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

he only blew up because he got tracked and started to wobble ... so he wasnt able to aim correctly anymore ... and then pressed ESC button

this kind of stuff should be absolutely top priority in the bug list / work in progress list tbh

@dfire

I understand your frustrations and I share them too. This is really annoying to the point where you want to smash your keyboard.

Though I recommend you, for the sake of the game and possible aspirants to rename the video into something more cryptic.

Let the video stay up, but change the title. I don't see how anything good will come out of taking the video down, neither the video staying up with that title.

We have to handle the game's quirks internally, not externally.

2 hours ago, steelhail said:

@dfire

Though I recommend you, for the sake of the game and possible aspirants to rename the video into something more cryptic.

Let the video stay up, but change the title. I don't see how anything good will come out of taking the video down, neither the video staying up with that title.

Like I said, once they're ticketed/placed in QA review, I'll gladly and promptly remove them.

Edited by dfire

• Registered Users

Just to make clear , I don't work on vehicles unless it's a simple job.

With our 23 year old game engine , we have limitations . First off , there are only 2 states to a section of a vehicle or building  , undamaged and damaged.

There are correspondingly only 2 visual images to represent these states , undamaged and damaged . 

A vehicles engine has different systems that also have these 2 states that can show visual damage .. Oil , coolant and fuel . (black smoke , white smoke and flame ) 

There is no ongoing video of a vehicle starting to burn and then gradually get fully engulfed .. It stays the same until something else happens ( vehicle blows up etc) 

Visually a small oil leak and large leak with smoke have the same image .. black smoke .. 

A small coolant leak and a major coolant system melt down also have the same visual representation . white smoke until coolant leaks out and then it disappears .

Fuel starts as a small fire but is the same as a large fire (visually ) until it hits fuel tank and explodes .. 

All this time the crew could still be alive and operable as they might not have been hit by shrapnel or burnt (yet) .

What you see is not exactly as what is really happening . 

We truly hope that going to Eu5 will sort out a lot of these issues, as the graphics is modern and will represent what would in real life most likely occur . 

QA has looked at the tanks and they are doing what they are supposed to do within our coding limits . 

As I said , I don't do vehicles but hopefully this might clear up a bit of what is "visually " happening . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh yeah, had my buttoned up tiger strafed and gunner killed by an a20 the other day. 

Another BS thing that happens in this game...

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

Oh yeah, had my buttoned up tiger strafed and gunner killed by an a20 the other day. 

Another BS thing that happens in this game...

I've had that happen and see that happen with more and more frequency. The word has gotten out that if you strafe the Tiger hatch, whether closed or open, the rounds will enter the compartment and either blow up the tank or kill the crew. That's why you see with drastically increased frequency allied aircraft of all types strafing Tigers now trying to get that lucky hit through the hatch bug. It's the only closed-turret tank in the game that you can kill the crew through the hatch. Either make it possible on all closed turret tanks, or none at all. You can even shoot down on it with small arms and kill the crew through the hatch. Doesn't work on any other tank. I made videos of this 1 or 2 years ago, and it's yet another thing that got brushed under the rug.

That being said, I'll repost the videos in here and keep them up on YouTube for public view for prospective players and for accountability for game management. Once the bugs go under QA review, are ticketed, or we are given a valid explanation why they arent issues with proof, I will remove the videos, simple as that.

I spoke to Xoom and he asked why I post videos giving the game bad press, but it's because the issues dont get solved, looked into, or get ignored all together and people (the ones who haven't unsubbed) are tired of it. He asked for, and I gave him dates that I brought these issues up to management in the forums and utilized the .bug command in game. He seemed displeased that game management cherry picks issues, but I didn't hear back from him. I could post videos of other bugs on my channel too, but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and only posting about the issues that have been going on year after year that have cost the game many subscribers. I know most of the lack of communication and/or lack of fixes isn't intentional, but [censored], at least communicate.

Edited by dfire
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dfire said:

spoke to Xoom and he asked why I post videos giving the game bad press, but it's because the issues dont get solved, looked into, or get ignored all together

Kinda amusing , that he thinks that you give it bad press when longtime players have brought up , plenty of Tiger issues , especially vs the Sloped armor of Sherman's .

But we are always told there is nothing to see , like bugs have not crept in ever ,after a patch.

I really and highly doubt that Tiger crews needed to aim at certain spots from the front to be successful.  Oddly enough when I don't aim and I'm farther away from any Sherman I get the kill more then waiting for a Sherman to pop through the bushes in close Range and I'm talking less the 600 meters where the 75mm or 88 should go through any part like a hot knife through butter especially when one doesn't aim at the sloped armor but more on the flat surfaces . 

Now oddly enough I haven't been degunned in a great while , while sitting in a Tiger .

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023/2/13 at AM3点00分, Mosizlak said:

哦,是的,前几天我的扣好的老虎被 a20 扫射并杀死了炮手。 

在这个游戏中发生的另一件 BS 事情......

你的老虎是否开门了?