Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Unreal engine 5.1

ghost43

Hey everyone,

Saw this video on the latest update for unreal engine 5

The video talking about the LOD "(Level of details) and how unreal engine 5.1 solved the drawback of LOD with a new idea called Nanite

Also the dev might want to consider this for WW2 Online 2.0, which i believe would have huge positive impact on the performance issues considering the chare size of the map

S!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks quite nice on my 4K kitchen tv. For a 10 year old game.

Edited by ClownWorld
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

https://www.worldometers.info/geography/largest-countries-in-the-world/

"the total world's landmass of 148,940,000 Km²"

148,940,000 / 2 (half scale map) = 74,470,000 meaning, the entire land area of the world at half scale would fit inside the 88M KM UE 5.1 recommends. Oceans on the other hand ... approx 510 million square miles for the earth's surface so even at half scale something would have to be left out. Could almost do the northern hemisphere at half scale though. 510 / 2 / 2 = 127 square KM ... 'almost' fits.

I mean, since the US really is pretty much off the table for any sort of invasion if the choise was UK/Europe/Russia/N Africa you could probably make that work. Really don't need every inch of Russia, you could 1/3rd or 1/4 scale that and still have more area than required.

looks amazing, will need a 3060 minimum for 1080p 60 frames though.

Apparently there have been updates:

5.3 - procedural generation for landscapes, nanite landscapes, and AI neural net plugins.

5.4 updates to PCG, nanites, and perhaps most importantly, multithreaded rendering.

full roadmap - https://portal.productboard.com/epicgames/1-unreal-engine-public-roadmap/tabs/94-forward-looking

server streaming looks important for any 2.0 version as well.

to have some fun, go here - https://skybox.blockadelabs.com

type in in the following, click realisim, click generate. these can be downloaded into UE5 engine ...

Dinant 1940

Verdun countryside 1940 is nice

villers bocage countryside 1940

france country at half scale 1940

some crazy stuff. i'm sure it has extreme limitations but super cool.