Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Opel SPAA/FlaK 38 audio bug

steelhail

Has this been fixed yet? If I have to wait any longer I will spawn it anyways and all axis will be my enemies too.

• Registered Users

Anything like sound bugs etc require a client patch.

We are testing the next release now and in it that sound issue is fixed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is this the sound bug that creates a very loud static sound in the right side headphone? I noticed it in Wavre last night when someone was firing a AAA gun. It was high pitched static and blew my ear out.

47 minutes ago, vmanstein said:

Is this the sound bug that creates a very loud static sound in the right side headphone? I noticed it in Wavre last night when someone was firing a AAA gun. It was high pitched static and blew my ear out.

ive got the same thing happen. not sure the cause

• Registered Users

It requires a patch. The upcoming patch has the fix.

• Registered Users

We just finished the 1st alpha. What we found that still needed work was kicked back. When those tickets are reworked a new alpha will be built and we will test it. 

Once all tickets for this release have been verified a RC will be built and the tickets retested along with normal game play testing....Capture, killing/rebuilding ai/bridges/fbs etc then the patch rolls out.

• Registered Users

That means we finished testing our 1st look at the next release.

We OKed tickets (fixes,features etc) that passed testing.

We kicked back tickets with issues to be worked on more.

Sometimes we only need 1 alpha and we can go to a RC, release client, but sometimes we go through as many a 6 or 7 before getting everything we can find broken or break ourselves fixed. Generally it's around 3 alphas then RC.

Depending on the number of tickets and complexity of the testing and fixing of issues around 1 week per build.

• CORNERED RAT

And we just red-locked the French SPAA's.  Apparently the redlock the other day didn't hold - Sesame Street Idk GIF

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ClownWorld said:

Joined traning server now. The ALLIED SPAA trucks is NOT locked!

French Laffly S-20 TL SPAA and A15 Crusador AA Mk i (SPAA) not locked in list. (Do I really need to look at the Brittish and US to.)

Edit: Brittish and US SPAA trucks in green list for allied troops to use. /Edit

So CRS only locked the Axis SPAA trucks. Again. Well thanks you very much then.

Can someone at CRS give us a heads up on this matter like; What are you doing seriously? You might realise it doesn't look that good 3rd time around CRS doing this in this short timespan even without us players telling you. If you not realise...

Edit: Might unsubscribe to CRS game if this keeps on just going on time after time again. CRS. Make a comment. Fix it. Please! /Edit

We just have to wait for the patch. Today I sent a .report and a pm to mandrill to lock again opel spaa (unlocked by the event) because otherwise it becomes unplayable for us who are in that AO/DO. We just have to be patient and everything will be resolved.

A day or two after the patch came out I was flying a spitfire in tz3 strafing trucks at an fb, the trucker decided to spawn a SPAA and so I was lining up to kill him then I get hit with youtube troll tier levels of bass boosted ear rape static and I almost crashed from laughing

I regret .bugging it, I wanted to thoroughly bug test it by spamming axis with it

Edited by lovewing

• Registered Users

Okay, this has been stated but not in this thread so I will share it here.  The SPAA issues for BOTH sides has been fixed and the fix will be rolled out on our next patch.  In the interim, all SPAA trucks were removed; however, during the weekend unlocks for OP FLASH, some of the SPAA trucks were inadvertently unlocked and were able to be spawned.  This was reported and Game Management subsequently removed the SPAA trucks from the spawn lists until the next patch.  There is no conspiracy, in our good intentions of offering an all equipment unlock, an item was missed which it was corrected at the earliest convenience of our crew which a fair portion of us work real-life paying jobs on weekends, too.

Thanks,

"The Management"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/18/2023 at 8:05 PM, lovewing said:

A day or two after the patch came out I was flying a spitfire in tz3 strafing trucks at an fb, the trucker decided to spawn a SPAA and so I was lining up to kill him then I get hit with youtube troll tier levels of bass boosted ear rape static and I almost crashed from laughing

I regret .bugging it, I wanted to thoroughly bug test it by spamming axis with it

Did you record by chance? Actually curious to what it sounds like lol

On 3/18/2023 at 6:53 PM, ClownWorld said:

Might unsubscribe to CRS game if this keeps on just going on time after time again. CRS. Make a comment. Fix it. Please! /Edit

llama GIF by chuber channel

• Registered Users

@ClownWorldNo worries, we have no problems answering questions but please allow us the grace to fix things.  We recognize that not everything can be done as quickly as desired and that patience is needed so we appreciate everyone's support.

On 3/20/2023 at 11:09 AM, jester said:

Did you record by chance? Actually curious to what it sounds like lol

Yes I was recording but I had my recording messed up to not record in game audio, you could hear the noise thru my headphones via the mic but its not loud enough to clearly hear. I think I can make it happen in offline mode, it sounds like bass boosted youtube ear rape memes lol. Will see if I can enhance the audio of my recording or if I can do it offline using some tricks

When I fly I turn vol down in windows to 2 or 3 due to the engine noise, if I was tanking and listening for audio with it all the way up I am 90% sure I and anyone in my house wouldve died in real life

Edited by lovewing

So was there or wasn't there a patch? I was told Sunday but I can't recall seeing one when I logged in , cause yesterday I saw a Opel SPAA rolling around and promptly lost my right ear drum , but it only happened once , he fired a few more times with no issues.

2 hours ago, TR6AL said:

Last patch was mid Feb. 

So why is the Opel Spaa then in game if it requires a patch to fix the sound issue?

What am I missing here ?

Edited by Dre21

• Registered Users

I just know when the patch was.. equipment is added and removed by Game Managers

If you decide to remove the Opel Blitz SPAA (not the SdKfz 7/2...) and do it on BOTH sides and let it STAY that way from the moment you realize you decide to go through with it, that's GREAT!

Really all fine and good, we acknowledge that some fixes may take time and that many of you work for the game on your spare time and thank you for that.

What is a tad annoying is to have it locked and unlocked several times, thinking "oh it's fixed now", spawning it and make everyone within 10k around you rant on all chat channels to turn that thing the F off. 

It's locked so then you get it, it's not fixed yet but they are working on it. Then it is unlocked - oh great, they fixed it somehow! I can now spawn it and have fun... NO! it was not fixed and the fact that you were able to spawn it and think it was fixed was an illusion based on false premises.

It's locked again - nice atleast we cannot spawn it while it's broken! It's unlocked - wow nice we finally get to... NOPE! slam right in the kisser, you can't play that unless you want to be a big A-hole towards anyone remotely close to you (axis OR allied). 

So what now? oh it's locked... fine... Unlocked again? LOL nice try, aint fooling nobody here, except that guy who spawned it AGAIN. Ear rape and bad CRS jokes on sidechat :(

Please stop with the lock/unlock. Just please stop it.

FlaK life be sad. Base sad. Axis flaknerds depressed. weed don't help. 911.

On 3/24/2023 at 5:41 PM, steelhail said:

If you decide to remove the Opel Blitz SPAA (not the SdKfz 7/2...) and do it on BOTH sides and let it STAY that way from the moment you realize you decide to go through with it, that's GREAT!

Really all fine and good, we acknowledge that some fixes may take time and that many of you work for the game on your spare time and thank you for that.

What is a tad annoying is to have it locked and unlocked several times, thinking "oh it's fixed now", spawning it and make everyone within 10k around you rant on all chat channels to turn that thing the F off. 

It's locked so then you get it, it's not fixed yet but they are working on it. Then it is unlocked - oh great, they fixed it somehow! I can now spawn it and have fun... NO! it was not fixed and the fact that you were able to spawn it and think it was fixed was an illusion based on false premises.

It's locked again - nice atleast we cannot spawn it while it's broken! It's unlocked - wow nice we finally get to... NOPE! slam right in the kisser, you can't play that unless you want to be a big A-hole towards anyone remotely close to you (axis OR allied). 

So what now? oh it's locked... fine... Unlocked again? LOL nice try, aint fooling nobody here, except that guy who spawned it AGAIN. Ear rape and bad CRS jokes on sidechat :(

Please stop with the lock/unlock. Just please stop it.

FlaK life be sad. Base sad. Axis flaknerds depressed. weed don't help. 911.

You have to keep in mind next to nothing is automated for them, it's all manual. So anytime spawn tables are changed for an event or tier change or something like that, it's probably what is causing the truck to become available again. Anything done manually = mistakes bound to happen, its human error.

On 3/24/2023 at 4:43 PM, ClownWorld said:

If a simple audio bug requires more than a month of work, I think a new legitimate question is to try to get you to answer how long unreal engine 5 will take. 1 year, 3 years, 7 years or 15 years? Certainly a bit off topic but what the heck guys. I said it before, the game idea is amazing. Please make it work amazing to.

Slightly off topic but, this is a common talking point as of late regarding fundraiser news, but moreso in light of chokepoint's progression, and that came to CRS in a playable state years ago. I think CRS has made it very clear - 2.0 is going to be many years away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Registered Users

@jesterYou are correct.  Those ancient tools are ALL manual so sometimes things get missed.

With the roll-out of 1.37.2.0 . . . the SPAA audio bug will be quashed upon install.  Until it is deployed, the truck SPAAs will be LOCKED and audio bug will remain.