Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

At long last . . . The Wellington Bomber Debuts

Cornered Rats

• CORNERED RAT

@delemsSoon . . . and not "soon" either.  :)

@all

You may notice there has been a change in the article re airfield destruction.  The Development Team is currently testing the airfield destruction feature at a single airfield, Martlesham (UK).  They will evaluate this feature prior to deciding on whether or not to roll it out map-wide to all airfields.  My apologies.

• Airfield destruction is being introduced for LIVE TESTING and EVALUATION at a single airfield, Martlesham Airfield (UK).  It is our test bed which allows enemy bombers to damage their opponents' airfields.  Upon successful testing and review, it can be implemented into the game world at all airfields.  At present,  the testing airfield has a damage threshold, and once reached, there is no current mechanic to repair the airfield as there is for bridge or AI gun repair.  The repair function is directly tied to the building destruction/repair function in the game which means it is time-based.  If implemented, this tactical element will allow both sides to influence their aerial opponents more realistically with increased flight times from status airfields.  It should be noted that there is no damage threshold on a mobile airfield.

Shouldn't each side get a test AF?  And shouldn't they be close to each other, so can actually bomb them?

• CORNERED RAT
5 minutes ago, delems said:

Shouldn't each side get a test AF?  And shouldn't they be close to each other, so can actually bomb them?

Not my decision but I concede the point.

• CORNERED RAT
4 hours ago, delems said:

So, patch tonight?  Soon?

We will wait until the campaign finishes before releasing the new update 

9 hours ago, OHM said:

We will wait until the campaign finishes before releasing the new update 

But in the article it's more or less a giveaway that the Wellington will be available for the Operation on the 16th of April.

Well I suppose a release date was too good to be true anyway. I was so excited, now we might as well have to wait another 6 weeks until allies win the map. great. sigh.

• CORNERED RAT

How do you know how long the campaign will take to finish?

Axis need 3 more factories 

if the map was closer to a start of the campaign then we would release 

we will not wait weeks to release. We are just trying to let the map finish out on its own. 

Wait So AF's will take exactly what type of damage? Like knocked out damage? And no way to repair it?

• CORNERED RAT
41 minutes ago, contractor said:

Wait So AF's will take exactly what type of damage? Like knocked out damage? And no way to repair it?

ONE airfield will take damage on the live server.  The only way it can be repaired is through time (just like buildings in a town regenerate to a non-damaged state).  It all takes time.

• CORNERED RAT
13 hours ago, ClownWorld said:

"You can't believe it, I can't believe it, but it's finally here!"

Believe it when you can see it ingame?

Can you get the update done as soon as possible? As for the Opel SPAA repair update.

We still have an ongoing campaign so as soon as the campaign has been completed there will be a short intermission to allow the players to gain some experience with the proximity AOs prior to rolling out the new patch.

• Haha 1