Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

FULL EWS? waited, axis never got AO?

delems

• CORNERED RAT

Not sure if it applies to this situations or not.  There seems to be a bug where if armor ews goes heavy first, then inf, the ao may not trigger.   

However once the armor goes to light, the ao should apply if the inf ews is still heavy.

We have identified the cause (for the above) and should have a solution applied shortly.

• Like 1

• CORNERED RAT

We are having some periodic issues with certain towns and not being able to trigger an AO.  We are working to identify the issue and we need your help.  .report an issue with as much detail as you can remember about the setup, situation and even FB status.  This will help us to isolate this.  

S!

This is happening a lot, almost every AO.

Are you all on it?

Over 20 min FULL EWS?  And no AO?

Then allies get AO in 2 min?

Edited by delems
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sigh :(

allied counter goes on in 2 min.

Yet axis can't get any AO going anymore?
Full EWS, and no AO.

We have a 3 AO limit -- and can't set AOs :(

And now, allies get to have 3 AOs on map while axis has zero.

Edited by delems
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sigh, rediculus.

Axis can't get an AO for what, last hour?  Had full EWS on towns a couple times now.

Yet allies have 3 up?

Hope it works for tomorrows operation, out for now :(

Terribly depressing and frustrating.

Edited by delems
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was it because of the heavy armor ews preventing the initial ao?…is there any actual cause so we can avoid similar issues going forward at least until this very serious issue is fixed?

• CORNERED RAT

This has been reported back to the dev team.  There also may be a bug related to certain towns. 

Please continue to utilize the .bug feature in game to help us better collect info on time and loctation(s) of the issue occuring.

Not armor, quite sure we had no armor EWS at any of the AOs.

No, I can't see a pattern yet, lots of variables to try and watch.

It does sometimes say AO in 2 min... then repeats, AO in 2min...

Then maybe drops to AO in 1 min .... but ultimately never goes on.

Idk, I was kinda actually liking the proximity AOs and squad turned to attacking.

It was just frustrating yesterday with so many players unable to get AOs with full EWS.

QUESTION, if a rat is on, can they force an AO if system won't set it?

Edited by delems
  • Like 1

I just logged after we had full ews lequesnoy for over 10 minutes and 2 spare AOs but the same as Delems complaint, it would not place.

If it doesn’t acknowledge the heavy  EWS immediately with the ,setting in 2 minutes,message.

you may as well RTB, we’ve never had one set if this does not occur. 

Ya, just tried St Nikk, nothing - FULL EWS; no messages, no AO.

LOL, dang :(

Everyone despawned, then system said AO in 2 min.

Does the system not check for high EWS?   But like every 5 min or so?

That would explain the delay.

Tried St Nikk one more time, still no go - won't give us the AO.

Went again, heavy EWS; nothing.   Will try again tomorrow :(

Edited by delems

Ok, after going full, then light; then full and light again.

System said AO in 2 min -- we rushed back in to get full EWS

And the AO finally placed.

8 hours ago, delems said:

Ok, after going full, then light; then full and light again.

System said AO in 2 min -- we rushed back in to get full EWS

And the AO finally placed.

You know how all this could have been avoided and the CRS team not  have to  chase new  bugs , Avoid the whole system alltogether and left he game how it was .

• Thanks 2

Had a new one thismorning 

Antwerp north ...ews was changing from double to single  and then back to double  but we had  at least 8 inf around the CPs  All the Time in Antwerp  north so ao kept going to set ...2min 1 mn  then failing and going  back to 2 min....happend about 4-5 times before it set   and nobody had deaspawned or moved.

On 4/17/2023 at 7:26 AM, Dre21 said:

You know how all this could have been avoided and the CRS team not  have to  chase new  bugs , Avoid the whole system alltogether and left he game how it was .

I don't mind the concept of the auto AO - the first pass at it needs a bit of refactoring to make it better.

- Once an AO is triggered, it should stick no matter what .... regardless of EWS if it is the only AO on the map.

- When you lose a town, and you have a free AO available .... perhaps there should be a little bit longer of a delay to trigger the counter AO. Happens a lot I have noticed ...

- Towns that are sliced up like Brussels and Antwerp need to be addressed because inevitably, if the defenders have a free AO, it will get triggered to the attacking areas of town. I guess ... this isn't necessarily a bad thing ... but kind of ties your hands.

- Timers need to be extended for when an AO is dropped due to loss of heavy EWS. Ideally this only applies to 1 of 2 AO's, when down to 1 AO, it should stick no matter what.

- Would be nice to introduce a hybrid aspect .... where HC has some control. I don't know exactly how that would work. But if willing HC are on, they should be able to remove/place AO's. I guess rules would be, HC could not remove an AO with heavy EWS but could do so once it goes cold. They could place an AO if no AO's exist, or if there is a spare AO, etc.

- Once an AO is triggered by heavy EWS, the wait times for CP's to get hot should be reduced because there has already been fair warning (EWS) for defenders. Maybe make it 5 min or so.

I miss the hot drop on a stale AO, or para drop, etc. That has been effectively removed from the game which is a shame.

Edited by choad
  • Like 3

***  When you lose a town, and you have a free AO available .... perhaps there should be a little bit longer of a delay to trigger the counter AO. Happens a lot I have noticed ...

Yep, gives no time for supply to come into town to defend it.

I know you doing what you can, but it is just demoralizing.

Heavey EWS for ages at AntN, nothing.

We capture La Fere, no AO on map;  heavy EWS again for ages AntN ----- nothing.

Finally, spillover EWS hits AntC, and the AO places there?

Keep working it-- 3 FULL EWS towns up.

2 allied, 1 axis.

None getting AO :(

Update, axis got their AO finally.

Edited by delems