Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Proximity AO Modifications

Cornered Rats

• CORNERED RAT
Cornered Rats

Matt "Xoom" CallahanWe are actively absorbing player feedback regarding Proximity AOs. As with anything when we incorporate a new big update, we monitor its progress closely and make changes as needed. After some chats with Game Management and reviewing feedback so far, tonight we're updating the following:

1) The number of players it takes to register Heavy Infantry EWS will be changed from 5 to 3. This should help in lower population times. We want to make it easier for players to assemble and deploy an AO, while still using the Prox AO system. This may get reverted if we find it becomes too easy or problematic.

2) Newly established Allied garrisons will still have a 10-minute grace window to change to the country of their choosing, however upon making that choice it will only take 1 minute (down from 5) for that action to take place. This should alleviate the problem of not being able to choose the preferred country for your garrison if a counterattack comes quickly... providing AHC responds fast enough.

3) Proximity AOs will now stay online for at least 15 minutes "AFTER" your already established AO is below the Heavy EWS threshold. This means AOs should have a greater opportunity of staying online as players cycle in and out between respawns and deploying mobile spawns.

View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Proxi AOs should clear in 6/8 min.

The setting in 3 min seems to be a sweet spot.  4 might be better, but 3 seems pretty good.

But clearing still a bit slow imo.

Edited by delems

• 2 weeks later...

I think that slow clearing is important since it deters people from proxAO hoping too much.

• Thanks 1

• CORNERED RAT
14 hours ago, aismov said:

I think that slow clearing is important since it deters people from proxAO hoping too much.

I agree. We can do some tests during intermission (outside of regular campaign operations) to examine how it works and get some data to back it up in a controlled environment. 

How is THREE (or even 5) players "heavy" infantry?

I understand low pop times have different standards, but any so-called attack with fewer players than can guard all captured facilities is "moling."

The whole AO paradigm is wrong-headed.

What is the point of AOs from first principles? (serious question)

• Thanks 1

Just now, Virton AO placed (was first AO).

Then Spincourt placed.  Virton AO no set, but Spin did.

Then Virton said AO in 4 min?  Then Virton finally set.

Bug replicated again.

Start AO in Hannut, then place Longu.

System drops Hannut and switches to Longu

Ahh damn :(
Even worse, neither AO will take;  system just keeps bouncing between them.  :(

Finally system set Hannut, then Longu.

Edited by delems

*** I think that slow clearing is important since it deters people from proxAO hoping too much.

idk, we use to clear in 7 min; and that was too slow;  10 is even slower :(

Also for AO set time, I think. 3 might be a tad short; 4 maybe sweet spot?

And it gives the defenders 1 more minute to prepare.

Edited by delems