Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Halftrack issues

badbill

While playing Axis yesterday, i walked up to an M3 halftrack that had the armor plating down. I could clearly see the driver through the slots on the doors and front windshield, after trying to shoot at all spots, i never killed the driver. After talking to an Allied player, he said the same thing happens with the 251. So today i went to the training server and tested this.

Stg44 vrs M3: I was not able to kill the driver from any direction

Grease gun vrs 251: I killed the driver from the front, even though i could not see him clearly.

Just wondering why these are not the same when it comes to shooting though the slots in the armor plating?

• Thanks 1

On 5/1/2023 at 2:22 AM, badbill said:

While playing Axis yesterday, i walked up to an M3 halftrack that had the armor plating down. I could clearly see the driver through the slots on the doors and front windshield, after trying to shoot at all spots, i never killed the driver. After talking to an Allied player, he said the same thing happens with the 251. So today i went to the training server and tested this.

Stg44 vrs M3: I was not able to kill the driver from any direction

Grease gun vrs 251: I killed the driver from the front, even though i could not see him clearly.

Just wondering why these are not the same when it comes to shooting though the slots in the armor plating?

I am the allied player Bill was talking to and I will be testing this as I have never managed to kill a buttoned up HT driver with rifles but have not tried with a grease gun. It might be a bug with grease gun, stg44 or the 251 or M3 HT, we'll find out.

• Registered Users

Just tested this in the current alpha.

From front of vehicle I can kill the driver shooting through the armor slit or with the armor up/open. DM is aligned left/right

From the side the drivers head DM has somehow got moved back so the front part of the head is not taking damage. Shooting behind the ear will kill the driver.

Ticketed.