Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Community Action: Rebuilding Squads, asap!

Cornered Rats

• CORNERED RAT
Cornered Rats

Matt "Xoom" CallahanThe recent updates to WWII Online have been intentional about Rebuilding Squads, ranging from the return of Squad Missions and now Proximity Attack Objectives, both of which promote organic field leadership to drive game play. Squad Development is no longer just something to talk about as a nice-to-have, it is in fact, a must-have. In this article I want to expand on the serious prioritization we need to place on building squads, what these new tools that we've made available are and refresh on some existing ones, and dive a little deeper into the understanding of the role that they now play which is no doubt of great significance, more so than we've seen in a very longtime. Please spend sometime to review this as it provides crucial information that will help your squad and help prepare for the next campaign.

View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com

Any chance that we could have the ability to add returning members to the squad directly via the squad tools/website by using player's gamename? Right now it is a very cumbersome process involving coordinating (usually over email) about a meetup time in game, typing .who <USER> to make sure they are online (if not using discord), and then doing the .recruit and guiding them through the process if it has been a while since they have played and/or happen to have recruiting turned off in their options. It would be much easier if say @Robswede (RL example from a few months ago) who is returning to the game could just email me, and I jump on the squad tools website, and BAM he's back in the squad and all he needs to do is fire up the game and we're running.

@XOOM

S!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I spoke to someone about maybe giving a newbie who joins a squad a perk. Maybe a rank up, some sort of gift.