Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Viky DM.

delems

Really need to fix the Viky damage model.

How can it take 6 direct pak 36 shots.

Then return fire and kill ATG and drive off?

Has what, 4 to 14mm of armor?  Shells should tear through it.

Edited by delems

all vehicles both ground and air have seemingly random occurrences of jank damage model. It is just more apparent when it happens on tiny tonks because it is ridiculous. No idea what causes it due to NDA, maybe lag, maybe something else

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, aef said:

Common occurence?…never heard of that

Lol, really ? 5 meter or closer dead center on turret with Shrek and he drives away and starts turning its turret,  it's comical  .

A 75mm round should make it pop like a spoiled tin can and it doesn't do that either,  let me look I think I got a video where I nail it once into the side just below turret and still it shoots .

51 minutes ago, Dre21 said:

Lol, really ? 5 meter or closer dead center on turret with Shrek and he drives away and starts turning its turret,  it's comical  .

A 75mm round should make it pop like a spoiled tin can and it doesn't do that either,  let me look I think I got a video where I nail it once into the side just below turret and still it shoots .

Did i say it cant happen ? i just have never heard of a vicky surviving much more then foul language

4 hours ago, aef said:

Did i say it cant happen ? i just have never heard of a vicky surviving much more then foul language

On Axis side it's known to be the toughest thing to kill , and we always wonder how a tin can, packed as tight as sardines survives multiple hits and still drive off and be fully functioning. 

If the vick dm is so broken then why not spend 10-20 min on t server and record quick clip of how the vik dm is broken so that the dev can quickly reproduce the problem to fix it.

Do you need help recording the vid? Do you need me to use spare acct to spawn vick? I will help if you actually believe your bug is common and that we can reproduce this problem.

Edited by lovewing

13 hours ago, lovewing said:

If the vick dm is so broken then why not spend 10-20 min on t server and record quick clip of how the vik dm is broken so that the dev can quickly reproduce the problem to fix it.

Do you need help recording the vid? Do you need me to use spare acct to spawn vick? I will help if you actually believe your bug is common and that we can reproduce this problem.

Cause not everyone has the capability to test things that is why. 

Also who knows what the circumstances are in game .

Let's take the example Stug 3h vs Matilda side shot 700 meters , in game the Matilda got 3 rounds into the side ( aimed at certain flame spot , side turret )  No flame and then he started up and drove away still active) no kill recorded in the AAR .

Test server , same spot , same town , parked Matilda same way , each of the 3 shots ended up in a kill matter of fact  , after rolling out the Matilda 5 more times just to see  my shots either blew up, killed the gunner, flamed it or it lost its driver.

But in game it took 3 shots into the side it did nothing  and he drove behind a building to be save and continued his killing streak .

So what good did the test do besides show me he should have died but did not . 

why bother posting a bug report then?

we have to think outside the box. If it doesnt work during the normal test then why not try adding weird conditions to the test such as forcing a bad ping, packet loss, bad FPS and or a combination of all of those? 

If they havent found the issue by now then maybe we have to get creative to find out the cause or atleast narrow down the causes

Edited by lovewing

12 hours ago, lovewing said:

why bother posting a bug report then?

we have to think outside the box. If it doesnt work during the normal test then why not try adding weird conditions to the test such as forcing a bad ping, packet loss, bad FPS and or a combination of all of those? 

If they havent found the issue by now then maybe we have to get creative to find out the cause or atleast narrow down the causes

Cause the problem is within who is the player that sits in the opposite tank .

It's a fine line , it still warrants posting especially if it's seen over and over within a certain piece of equipment,  and the Vickers falls into that .

some campaigns ago we were 3 Tigers shooting a Vickers from 3 sides ... at ranges of 300-500m. took each of us like 10-15 rounds. HE and AP.

there is something really bad happening on live server when it comes to DM and shots being ignored / miscalculated. i would even say it is a packet loss problem