Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Steam DLC's

rock488

S! all,

I have been away from the game for a while now.  I've played this game from Summer of 2001 to 2003, Joined the Navy, played in 2007, transferred commands, and then 2009 - 2012.  I saw some videos of the game and wanted to come back and check it out.  My son wanted to enjoy a game with me that I have played when I was around his age.  He wanted to us Steam.  I noticed that there is one time purchases in Steam as DLC's for in game content (infantry pack, NCO pack and light tank pack).  However, I did notice on my account I did have access to the light tanks.  I guess my question is, is there are difference between the older accounts that are relegated to the organic launcher and the newer accounts on Steam?  If not, is there plans to offer these same DLC packs to the older accounts? 

Thank you and I'm so glad this game is still around and pushing forward and upgrading to newer gaming engines.

• Thanks 1

Welcome back and great that you are playing with your son. Not sure on the exact differences between the organic game accounts and the Steam bundles - but there is currently a 90 Day all unit access free Steam offer. Maybe someone with more knowledge to compare the two will respond. 

Meanwhile enjoy the game with your kid!  S!

• Registered Users

S! welcome back.
Here you can see what you as "free to play" is available and also your son as a Steam User after the free trial has ended. https://www.wwiionline.com/subscriptions#game-info

When it comes to Steam DLCs you are quite right the "light tank" package is also available for FTP this is mentioned in the DLC description as with other DLCs (Light AA and Light ATG).
My advice if he wants to continue after the free trial:
Paratrooper- yes Rifleman and SMG Paratrooper are FTP however with this you do get the chance to fly the para planes as well.
Leadership Pack: added bonus you get the NCO class, more pool of SMGs to choose from, besides "Reserve".

Armour/Air wise if he wants to compete in later Tiers then Premium it must be.

Copy and thank you.  Are those DLC's options open already to legacy accounts playing through the organic launcher?  Like stated above, Paratroopers and Light Tanks are.

I would like to know because I would like to get the best bang for my buck, however, I want to use my 23 year old account.

Thank you all.

• Registered Users

Steam is a different account. There is no crossing over from one to the other. Steam has its own login system. 
DLC’s are only available in the Steam login.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Registered Users

@rock488Welcome back, Rock!  FYI - we have an all-access weekend coming up on the weekend of 10/27-10/29 which means all equipment UNLOCKED for free-to-play gamers.  Usually great fights and high player pop and culminates with OPERATION THRILLER on Sunday afternoon with a 12pm Server Time / 2pm Central / 3pm Eastern TZ kick-off.

Holler if you need more info or some help, !S,

tex64

• Like 1