Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

SdKfz 251/2  C 81 mn mortar

rdy2kill

In what position and using what controls do I set the pitch and roll on the SdKfz 251/2  C 81 mn mortar?  I already know how to make these adjustments on the Howitzer, but the 81 mm mortar got me baffled.

• Registered Users

Drivers position hit the d key (deploy) then use joystick or mouse to level

Youre going to want to log onto the training server to test out this + arty to practice aiming with it. Do you have a 2nd account so that you can log it in as allied and see what kind of damage it causes so you know what to expect? If not, I will join you and help you by being your 2nd account just let me know what time

Yes, I have a second account. I will login today and give it a try.

15 hours ago, rdy2kill said:

In what position and using what controls do I set the pitch and roll on the SdKfz 251/2  C 81 mn mortar?  I already know how to make these adjustments on the Howitzer, but the 81 mm mortar got me baffled.

You can adjust pitch, you can't adjust roll, roll is the angle of the vehicle chassis relative to the ground essentially, so you have to park on the flattest ground you can.

You *can* account for some pitch but in all honesty, despite following things to the button, there's too many anomalies.

On 2/6/2024 at 2:10 PM, rdy2kill said:

Yes, I have a second account. I will login today and give it a try.

Let us know how effective you find it to be

• Registered Users
On 2/7/2024 at 3:37 AM, saffroli said:

You can adjust pitch, you can't adjust roll, roll is the angle of the vehicle chassis relative to the ground essentially, so you have to park on the flattest ground you can.

You *can* account for some pitch but in all honesty, despite following things to the button, there's too many anomalies.

With the 81mm mortar carrier, from the #1 position (driver) deploy your stakes then adjust your pitch and roll via mouse, keypad, or joystick. I use my arrow keys.  Set a waypoint to get the general range and if a friendly can mark where your rounds are . . . adjust accordingly and you are set.

47 minutes ago, TEX64 said:

With the 81mm mortar carrier, from the #1 position (driver) deploy your stakes then adjust your pitch and roll via mouse, keypad, or joystick. I use my arrow keys.  Set a waypoint to get the general range and if a friendly can mark where your rounds are . . . adjust accordingly and you are set.

Deploy stakes? What you mean outriggers?

• Registered Users

@saffroliThere are no VISIBLE outriggers but when you deploy from the driver's position, THEN you modify your pitch/roll; otherwise, you are really just guessing where your rounds go and there will zero consistency with your fire.

2 hours ago, TEX64 said:

@saffroliThere are no VISIBLE outriggers but when you deploy from the driver's position, THEN you modify your pitch/roll; otherwise, you are really just guessing where your rounds go and there will zero consistency with your fire.

Oh okay, I didn't know this was even possible. It might change how effective I am in that then. Thanks

• Like 1