Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

F key trouble

bob67

I would like to know how to get my F keys to select the chat channels. Is there a way that I can change their function in the game. I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows 11. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

lovewing

Does your laptop not have F keys or do you not like using the F keys? Trying to understand what your problem is so I can provide solutions

lovewing

If the issue is you cant just press F1 in game but you have to press Fn+F1 (which is annoying) then you can change a setting to make the F keys act like normal instead of being hotkeyed like lenovo does by default.

To change the setting you need to load the computer into a special screen (BIOS/UEFI) and change this setting shown here BIOShotkey_20230418132419533.png

If you can look on the bottom of your laptop and give me the 'model' number of your laptop I can give you an easy way to get into BIOS but you can try this method here which is also easy:

SWJZhns.png

once youre in the bios/uefi screen you can sometimes use mouse cursor to select things but sometimes you cant use mouse and just need to use your arrow keys to select things. 

For example once loaded into that screen from the first pic: you would press Right arrow to select 'Configuration' then press Down arrow to get to the hotkey mode and then press enter to toggle the hotkey mode, then you would press Right arrow to get to the 'exit' collumn up top to save and exit this screen. Look around the screen usually there will also be a legend at the top/bottom saying what keys to use to move around etc.

its really easy. if you got any probs lemme know

• Registered Users
OLDZEKE

Press fn and esc together. That should toggle between f keys and volume, brightness etc

lovewing

@bob67let us know how it goes, if youre having probs etc then I can help you out via discord over comms or message if it makes it easier