Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

New system - game crashes

enabore03

enabore03

Game can be stable in quiet areas but crashes when in the middle of town fights. I turned of vertical sync to fix constant crashing. Is there any known setting or things I can try with a new system? I think there used to be a log file created on crashing? I am ready to sub but have to quit crashing first.

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-14700KF Processor (8X 3.40GHz + 12X 2.50GHz/33MB L3 Cache)
Processor Cooling IBUYPOWER DEEPCOOL LS520 ARGB 240mm Liquid Cooler
Memory 32 GB [16 GB X2] DDR5-5200MHz Memory Module - Certified Major Brand Gaming Memory
Video Card AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX - 24GB GDDR6
Motherboard ASUS PRIME Z790-V WiFi - WiFi 5, ARGB Header (3), USB 3.2 Ports (1 Type-C, 3 Type-A), M.2 Slot (3)

lovewing

The log ohm always asks people for is to go to start button and type in 'dxdiag' and click that. There will be a button on the dxdiag window for saving a system report. You can then email it to him at ohm@corneredrats.com or message it to him on forums @OHM

keep me updated with that and let me know if that doesnt resolve your problems. can msg me here or on discord

timeless

It's most likely a driver problem. I have the same card and was having the same issues. Just roll back your GPU driver and it will clear up. The 23.12 drivers worked best for this game for me. Hope that helps

enabore03

Thanks for the replies. Do I do the save report right after a crash? How do I change my driver to an older version?  I'm from older times when these things could be very technical to do. 

lovewing

In regards to the dxdiag, no need to save directly after a crash. I do not think the game has a dedicated crash log but I could be wrong. I think the only info the dxdiag would provide is your system specs and maybe some error log events that may or may not be related to the game crashing.

lovewing

@enabore03let us know if 23.12 driver worked or not, had someone else asking about it on discord. will update if it fixed his problem

timeless

I build a lot of systems just for fun, contests, etc. With all AMD cards, drivers are always the issue. I am an AMD guy all the way and have probably close to 10 builds on their site for contests and such. It is always a driver issue with AMD. Eventually they will get it figured out. Cards are great but need some driver love. If you visit their forums, it is full of issues with new gen cards but usually all driver issues. Nvidia doesn't really have a dedicated forums for people to complain about their products otherwise it would probably look the same way but not for drivers. Nvidia has always been good with keeping up with drivers and VR. I think that driver rollback will most likely work. I have had to do it with 5000, 6000, and now 7000 series cards. The DXdiag report you send to OHM just shows him that somehow the antivirus you are running is interfering with gameplay. I spent some time trying to figure it all out a while back, but it all came down to drivers.

• Thanks 1

• CORNERED RAT
On 6/1/2024 at 9:37 AM, timeless said:

I build a lot of systems just for fun, contests, etc. With all AMD cards, drivers are always the issue. I am an AMD guy all the way and have probably close to 10 builds on their site for contests and such. It is always a driver issue with AMD. Eventually they will get it figured out. Cards are great but need some driver love. If you visit their forums, it is full of issues with new gen cards but usually all driver issues. Nvidia doesn't really have a dedicated forums for people to complain about their products otherwise it would probably look the same way but not for drivers. Nvidia has always been good with keeping up with drivers and VR. I think that driver rollback will most likely work. I have had to do it with 5000, 6000, and now 7000 series cards. The DXdiag report you send to OHM just shows him that somehow the antivirus you are running is interfering with gameplay. I spent some time trying to figure it all out a while back, but it all came down to drivers.

Actually, I look for what type of system and the hardware they have, .... But the most important data I get from it is the error codes at the end of the report. There I can tell if an Operating System error is, driver error a client error. Sometimes I find other software in the background causing trouble for our game.   Alot of people dismiss the DX Daig as something without useful information.  Over the years I have learned a lot by looking at that information. When I do not see anything that would help then i will ask for a packet trace to our server to see if it is an ISP issue.  

As i have been someone who has spent my entire adult life diagnosing problems with cars I have learned the most important thing about diagnosing ....     Everything is done in steps to gather as much information as possible.

S!

enabore03

Many thanks, the 23.12 driver seems to be stable. Any idea on how to get the ground clutter to stop flickering in the light? 

lovewing

would need a vid or screenshot (if applicable) to be able to see what you mean. I dont play with ground clutter on if youre talking about the radial clutter setting

• 1 month later...
enabore03

Yes the radial clutter, the grass. I turned it down but didn't know you can turn it off. When it catches the light the grass lights up so it strobes as you move. Everything else seems to be working fine.

lovewing

You can turn it off for in the air but I think you can turn it off on ground too if you move slider all the way to the left. If it still shows up when turned to the left then let us know so we can figure it out. I always turn off things that are able to be turned off because it may otherwise obscure my view etc.