Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Focus Test: Training

GOPHUR

When im doing the map training and i press "M" the training chat helptext is push up so i cant see all the text. When im using TripleHead2Go.

• CORNERED RAT
They're supposed to get a FB behind the allied front lines?

I was confused.

Though oddly, I went a re-ran the tutorial, now the French have 2x flags in a german town, and the FB never popped up.

I managed to miss the point of this when I first started up so I clicked through and never did it, is it possible to reset it so I can go through and test it properly?

.15 Map tutorial issues:

The country status of Schilde is very weird. The first time I ran the tutorial it was British-owned with a French brigade. The 2nd time it was German-owned with a French brigade. Then I noticed it actually switches ownership during the tutorial, and when it zooms in on the facilities, one time they were all British and the next time half British and half French.

Typo: In the instructions that begin with "The icon next to each town's name..." Antwerp is spelled "Anterp."

The contact reports section does not show an example of a contact report. I don't know if it's intentional, but it feels like a lot of text to click through without being shown what it looks like.

When it finally tells you to click the map to make your own contact report, "Add Report" is not one of the options. It just says "Center On." If I do nothing and just click spacebar it moves on to say, "Good job. The report is now on the map."

Quotes are from the readme for .15. Some of this might be repeated from other posts above.

* you can now hit any target in the rifleman tutorial

Works, I shot three different targets in 2nd row and got a success.

* simplified map tutorial

Needs some work, can't add reports in the appropriate section.

* performed a flow pass for a better balance of delays

Some delays might still be too fast for some (or too slow for others). I recommend that some text screens be combined (especially in the Rifleman training), and add "Press space to continue" whenever the tutorial isn't waiting for the player to do something.

I can't toggle the completion status for rifleman or chat training.

In the movement training, the bell dings when the minimap appears in the center of the screen, and again when the "standing" icon appears.

In the movement training, when talking about going prone, the crouched stance icon appears in the center or the screen and moves to the bottom right.

In chat training, the screen that starts "Basic operation:" has no indication that the player should do what is described before continuing. I recommend another sentence be added saying something like "Do this to continue."

In the HUD training, the bell dings each time an HUD element is displayed. While helpful in drawing attention to something new, it is inconsistent with the other tutorials (where the bell dings only when the user successfully does something).

Im going to check it again later' date=' but in the map tourtorial I think at one point Antwerp is called Anterp.[/quote']It is. I mentioned it a couple posts up.

Im going to check it again later' date=' but in the map tourtorial I think at one point Antwerp is called Anterp.[/quote']

Fixed for .17

Map:

Mission target and origin: "you should attempt to make it back here to despawn."

'there'?

"if you make it back to base without to much damage,"

Contact reports: "other players will see contact reports, so its important that the information be accurate."

Unable to toggle status of every other training in basic training menu. That is if you completed it and want to redo it for testing you cannot toggle the second one rifleman and the third one chat back and forth. Maybe a a cursor focus thing.

When you are in the infantry training it uses the space bar to proceed. This is returned with a head nod in Wester No method back and forth. It is annoying and will give new players a headache after a little while. Either pick another key or remove that part from the mechanics in this part of the game.

When you use the find in the map. It should change the focus (cursor) to the name enter field so you can search easier or at least mention it in the tutorial

Unable to toggle status of every other training in basic training menu. That is if you completed it and want to redo it for testing you cannot toggle the second one rifleman and the third one chat back and forth. Maybe a a cursor focus thing.

Yep, confirmed. Same issue here.

Also...

---------

RIFLEMAN tutorial:

-When the tutorial tells you to "Fire off a few more rounds", it highlights the clip and ammo count a second time even though the screen just before explained the ammo counter and already highlighted it. This seems a bit redundant.

- When the rifle's range indicator is highlighted, the flashing red square is a bit off-center and the first digit is slightly cut-off.

- The tutorial tells you to "Adjust your range to 500m..." and try hitting various targets and then set it back to 200m, but as soon as I adjust the range to 500m, the bell sounds and it moves onto the next screen; this next screen goes by instantly so I can't even read what it says.

- I'm getting a [] (square) symbol in this screen "As a Rifleman you have 5 items to choose from. Lets quickly go through them." at the end of that last period after "them."

- After I throw a smoke grenade it tells me to "watch the smoke released" but the screen goes away too quickly so I can't read all the text.

- The screen that starts with "Warning!" would probably make more sense *after* the screen that tells me to press 2 and select my HE grenade.

- Spelling error: "If you can surprise him, your can often defeat them"

- "Riflemen and most paratroopers carry an ammo pack..." This screen goes by too fast and I can't read the whole thing.

MAP tutorial:

- The map tutorial text is oddly slightly smaller than the Rifleman tutorial text.

- Cannot continue past the screen telling me to add a report "Right click your mouse anywhere in the map and select "Add a report"... When I right-click the mouse on the map, I do *not* get an option to add a report.

CHAT tutorial:

- Contradiction in instructions: "Tune radio F4 to the Brigade channel. Click on the F4 radio header and select the Side channel."

One more thing; the tutorial text stays on the screen during despawn cam and looks a little awkward.

"Chances stance"

(fixed for .15 -bloo)

Nope, not exactly fixed.

Now it says "chance stances".

HUD Tutorial

- When the HUD tutorial is completed, I don't get an option to continue to the next tutorial.

Fixed.

Rifleman Tutorial

- A screen's text reads "...Let's go quickly through them." and has a square after the period.(revised this line to remove first person plural for .15, but I don't see what would cause the square - attempted to remove any hidden line ending characters anyway -bloo)

Not fixed, issue still present (see previous post)

- Spelling error in KNIFE section: "...if you can surprise him, your can often defeat them..."(fixed for .15 -bloo)

Brigade Selection

- It would be helpful to have each screen element pointed to or highlighted as the tutorial mentions them, such as "Duty Status", etc.

Fixed, working fine now.

Brigade HQ

- Communications screen is not shown

Fixed, working fine now.

Mission List

- Spelling error: "They Type column..."

(fixed for .15 -bloo)

Nope, not fixed; issue still present.

Available Forces

- Spelling error: "The list of available forces shows you want units may be used..."

(fixed for .15 -bloo)

"Chances stance"

(fixed for .15 -bloo)

Nope, not exactly fixed.

HUD Tutorial

- When the HUD tutorial is completed, I don't get an option to continue to the next tutorial.

Fixed.

Apparently I need new glasses. Fixed for next release.

Rifleman Tutorial

- A screen's text reads "...Let's go quickly through them." and has a square after the period.(revised this line to remove first person plural for .15, but I don't see what would cause the square - attempted to remove any hidden line ending characters anyway -bloo)

Hasn't changed. Is correct in source. Will check source pull method on these to make sure Gophur's getting the right data.

- Spelling error in KNIFE section: "...if you can surprise him, your can often defeat them..."(fixed for .15 -bloo)

Hasn't changed. Is correct in source.

Mission List

(fixed for .15 -bloo)

Available Forces

- Spelling error: "The list of available forces shows you want units may be used..."

(fixed for .15 -bloo)

Fixed in .17

HUD Tutorial

Fixed.

Apparently I need new glasses. Fixed for next release.

Fixed in .17

Rifleman Tutorial

Hasn't changed. Is correct in source. Will check source pull method on these to make sure Gophur's getting the right data.

Removed from .17?

Mission List

(fixed for .15 -bloo)

Available Forces

(fixed for .15 -bloo)

Both fixed in .17

can't enter training with german language selected, with all other languages the training menu appears. when i change back to german i come directly to the persona select menu. when i enter the training with an other language setting and then switch back to german, all menu points toggle from incomplete to complete and i can't toggle them to incomplete.

so long slpr

~.17

Yep, this is fixed now.

Rifleman tutorial

-Target hit feedback now working.

- "Cycle" instead of "recycle" now, as intended.

-When the tutorial tells you to "Fire off a few more rounds"' date=' it highlights the clip and ammo count a [i']second time even though the screen just before explained the ammo counter and already highlighted it. This seems a bit redundant.

-Fixed.

- When the rifle's range indicator is highlighted, the flashing red square is a bit off-center and the first digit is slightly cut-off.

-Fixed.

- The tutorial tells you to "Adjust your range to 500m..." and try hitting various targets and then set it back to 200m, but as soon as I adjust the range to 500m, the bell sounds and it moves onto the next screen; this next screen goes by instantly so I can't even read what it says.

- Fixed. We can now fire at will and press space to continue when we wish.

- But, new issue: "Fire different targets..." Should be "fire at different targets"...

- I'm getting a [] (square) symbol in this screen "As a Rifleman you have 5 items to choose from. Lets quickly go through them." at the end of that last period after "them."

- Issue resolved, text completely changed.

- After I throw a smoke grenade it tells me to "watch the smoke released" but the screen goes away too quickly so I can't read all the text.

- Text still goes by a little fast, but I guess it's readable now.

- Unrelated issue; smoke grenades are bugged this patch so I can't actually see the smoke rise. http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showthread.php?p=3849314&posted=1#post3849314

- Spelling error: "If you can surprise him, your can often defeat them"

- Issue resolved, text completely changed.

- "Riflemen and most paratroopers carry an ammo pack..." This screen goes by too fast and I can't read the whole thing.

- Fixed.

MAP tutorial:

- New issue: "If you make it back to base without to much damage..."... "to" should be "too".

- Cannot continue past the screen telling me to add a report "Right click your mouse anywhere in the map and select "Add a report"... When I right-click the mouse on the map, I do *not* get an option to add a report.

- I still can't add a report. When I right-click, I get "Center on" and "HC options". Cannot complete map tutorial.

CHAT tutorial:

- Contradiction in instructions: "Tune radio F4 to the Brigade channel. Click on the F4 radio header and select the Side channel."

- This is fixed, BUT now F4 is *already* tuned to Side before I actually do it myself.

One more thing; the tutorial text stays on the screen during despawn cam and looks a little awkward.