Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Death triger fixed but not for all ?

bigdog3

Here is example now axis atgs when killed stop firing after 1 or 2 shots yet allied atgs still seem to do it ?

I dont mind the fix at all but should be for all at same time !

When we release v1.29 with the death trigger fix, it will work on everything because the code concerned is not based on any country, it's a global attribute. "Country" is not even referanced so it can't be biased. Well it can be biased actually, to pertain to "control input/trigger" but I don't see "axis" or "allied" in that line anywhere. ;)

It's scary that the culture in this game means someone thinks it is reasonable to claim, "DEATH triggER IS ALLiiED BiAS!1!!!one!!"

It's scary that the culture in this game means someone thinks it is reasonable to claim' date=' "DEATH triggER IS ALLiiED BiAS!1!!!one!!"[/quote']

No one said that, the OP simply put that in his observation that while axis atgs when death triggered only shot 1-2 shots and that allies seemed to go on and on. He was inquiring if the Rats knew about this and if there was a fix otw.

No one said that' date=' the OP simply put that in his observation that while axis atgs when death triggered only shot 1-2 shots and that allies seemed to go on and on. He was inquiring if the Rats knew about this and if there was a fix otw.[/quote']

And you don't think that smacks just a tinsy winsy bit of having the side blinkers on? Death trigger works for all ATGs until 1.29.

Well sorry but as Cerpin points out ... that's an incomplete observation as well. The "death trigger" affects all guns equally, on both sides, it can't do as was just claimed. It doesn't understand "sides" it just understands "no control input from death not recognized".

So yeah, probably not wise to put a lot of faith in what is said in the forums without some research and validation behind it.

It's scary that the culture in this game means someone thinks it is reasonable to claim' date=' "DEATH triggER IS ALLiiED BiAS!1!!!one!!"[/quote']

Yeah, I find this worrying too. There are some people that honestly believe this stuff! Their bias blindness is phenominal!

It's not unusual. I have played online PvP since before the internet was the means by which we do it, ie: on private network logins.

The same gamer perception was in evidence then, every forum you would go to that concerned a multi-player PvP combat centric game had the exact same tone. Hysteria, bias, exaggeration and screaming at each other how easy the other guy had it and how hard I have it.

It is in fact, completely normal. Anyone with a few years experience can tell you that. Give them 15 years experience, they don't even think about it anymore.

Nah... it's all Axis biased here at the office for 1.29' date=' we are a fickle lot.[/quote']

Ahhh damn.

I knew we shouldn't have let that leather-clad Axis bikini dancer shipment get through the Bedford blockade.

Actually the death trigger has not been fixed for FMB 3" main guns, I believe. I've seen flaming FMBs soak 5" cannon hits to the deck, watched LMGs spray across the crew, and 20mmAA smack all over the gun itself ... but that dang thing keeps firing long after every other gun has been disabled.

From what I've seen even if you're technically dead, if you haven't completely bled out yet you can still deathtrigger.

Soo... at most this means that you'll fire for 5-10 seconds after you die.

No one said that' date=' the OP simply put that in his observation that while axis atgs when death triggered only shot 1-2 shots and that allies seemed to go on and on. He was inquiring if the Rats knew about this and if there was a fix otw.[/quote']

And you dont see bias in that statement?

Its one of those statements in line with my all time favorite, when some player complained that the allies DDs could take more damage than the axis.

Actually the death trigger has not been fixed for FMB 3" main guns' date=' I believe. I've seen flaming FMBs soak 5" cannon hits to the deck, watched LMGs spray across the crew, and 20mmAA smack all over the gun itself ... but that dang thing keeps firing long after every other gun has been disabled.[/quote']

more than once, I have kept on firing the main gun with every thing else dead in my flaming boat, until I sank below the water. Still spewing 3pd lead of death.

I love it. Sometimes I wish there is martial music to accompany such acts of gallantry.

more than once, I have kept on firing the main gun with every thing else dead in my flaming boat, until I sank below the water. Still spewing 3pd lead of death.

I love it. Sometimes I wish there is martial music to accompany such acts of gallantry.

Yep, the only ones living longer on a FMB than the gunner is the orchestra playing Ragtime.

I managed to death trigger a bofors yesterday, although I lost all ability to slew the gun, only fire up into the air, but I shall have to try again a few times to make sure it wasn't a fluke.

Oh noe dont take away my deathtrigger. love to spawn atg in some unrealistickly camped cp and kill the et......(its a joke) What really needs to go is the fixed spawningpoints

It amazes me how some people can't even recognise the most simplest patterns in this game.

What you think you see ingame from your side is not what is really going on.

People should've learnt this by now.

It amazes me how some people can't even recognise the most simplest patterns in this game.

What you think you see ingame from your side is not what is really going on.

People should've learnt this by now.

This is very true

Playing against squaddies shows this up very quickly.