Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

v1.30 OPEN BETA CTD discussions

inchfan

I am, maybe CTD'd twice in 7 years, since the 1.29 patch it's like hourly.

All will be fine, bang bang your dead. I'll despawn to death screen and the bdge/mission screen will start to refresh slow. Think to myself "here we go again" try to click in or click back and BAM frozen. If I wait about a min, I get a CLTH message then freeze again, can't even acknowledge the CLTH popup. I can CTRL-ALT-DEL to kill it but that takes about 3 mins to come up as something has 100% of the processor. So, hard power down is about the only way to recover.

The restarting the game part after this sucks also, every time I restart after a crash the first time it comes up with CLTH and I have to exit and restart again. This usually clears if for about an hour.

Man I hope they fix whatever this is. I've scrubbed the auto-update image and re-downloaded and installed fresh from FTP, no change.

I have had several recently. Its typically while waiting for mission debrief that it hangs then ctd's. Then almost everytime when I attempt to restart and get to the population page, I get disconnected from the server....follow that up with another restart and I'm able to get back in game. Not sure what is up. Was thinking maybe it was just me, but who knows.

Getting plenty of ctd since the last patch (their frequency i would say matches yours inchfan) . Almost always on despawn. It throws me straight to desktop, no ctrl-alt-del required. It is guaranteed after a certain number of spawn, despawn cycles.

Latest drivers for everything, clean reinstall. Have to look at my (cabled not wireless) router still. But to me it looks like a memory leak of some kind.

btw. the second cthl is automatic. wait a minute before logging back in or start the game and when the loading screen passes "connecting to chat" press alt+f4. Shortens the whole sorry process.

Was haveing alot of disconnects also,, disabled beta netcode and use best conx in settings and the disconnects went away.

im also getting quite alot happens when im despawning and i know a load of guys in the squad are haveing the same problem.

Was haveing alot of disconnects also' date=', disabled beta netcode and use best conx in settings and the disconnects went away.[/quote']

I have netcode2 disabled as well, was using first best connection in settings then switched to primary. Was having and still have ctds. Playing with my router settings right now. Seems like i have a pretty aggressive firewall on. Wasnt making any problems in 1.28 though...

All the time now. Before patch, virtually never.

All this netcode 2, run with SSI (whatever) needs to be more clear what is beta, what isn't, what is recommended, what isn't. I never touch any of it, so if it's wrong for whatever reason I'm probably gonna have problems. Seems like the game should look at the setting the last session, and if it CTHLs, or has bad results, it should suggest that I change settings.

Yes, I expect the game to do this for me, I want it to simply work, I don't want to muck around with it.

check that your vid card / memory / cpu isnt overheating' date='[/quote']

no dust whatsoever. applied new layer of thermal paste. all the readouts indicate cool running of processor, vid card. Happens when overclocked or not (mind you i started experimenting with overclocking after i experienced drop in performance after 1.29). Anyway wasnt a problem with 1.28.

Going to kill the router firewall to see if that helps.

Since 1.29 ctd occasionaly when dieing, sometimes when just spawning out also, getting cthl's also, didn't have this until this patch.

Many other problems also, invisable ums, glass door in Willem castle to radio room, some spawn lag. and before anyone tells me to check vid card I have new system with 9800gt card, intel dual core..etc..etc. Didn't have these problems in 1.28 only started in 1.29.

hmm. disabling router firewall did nothing. still ctd. BUT i got the yellow triangle telling i am running out of virtual memory. Wasnt for the first time, just forgot about it. Jacked it up to 24 GB. (had it on max 3070 MB, recommended size) Interesting... will let you know if i ctd again tonight

Don't put your virtual memory up to 24GB (If thats what you meant)

Virtual memory is actually an area of disk drive that can be used for memory assignment. Disks are slow compared to memory.

So setting to around 3 or 4 GB is about right depending on what memory you have.

Shouldn't run out if you have a few gigs of memory and same on virtual.

I have been getting them as are a lot of the people I play the game with...and it is the same situation for all of them (will be described below).

It just kicks you out, CTD. Sometime it happens when respawning, when you are returning to base from a unit you are playing. It counts down, you hit OK, and it CTD. Then when you restart the client it ALWAYS says "CONNECTION TO HOST LOST"... so you ALWAYS have to do 2 restarts on the client.

I have it happen 2-3 times a day but I've been playing a lot. It can be as much as every 2 hours or more toward every 4-5 hours. I don't know if it is a coincidence but it seems to happen more when there are spawn delays and a side is overpopulated...but I'm just grasping at straws on that one.

Is there anybody out there who is getting zero (or very very few) ctds with 1.29? Could you post some info about your comp?

(And no CRS this thread is not going to disappear from first page)

I have been getting them as are a lot of the people I play the game with...and it is the same situation for all of them (will be described below).

It just kicks you out, CTD. Sometime it happens when respawning, when you are returning to base from a unit you are playing. It counts down, you hit OK, and it CTD. Then when you restart the client it ALWAYS says "CONNECTION TO HOST LOST"... so you ALWAYS have to do 2 restarts on the client.

I have it happen 2-3 times a day but I've been playing a lot. It can be as much as every 2 hours or more toward every 4-5 hours. I don't know if it is a coincidence but it seems to happen more when there are spawn delays and a side is overpopulated...but I'm just grasping at straws on that one.

I'm having pretty much same symptoms.

I have had several recently. Its typically while waiting for mission debrief that it hangs then ctd's. Then almost everytime when I attempt to restart and get to the population page' date=' I get disconnected from the server....follow that up with another restart and I'm able to get back in game. Not sure what is up. Was thinking maybe it was just me, but who knows.[/quote']

These are all CTHLs it would appear. These can happen for a few reasons:

1) Your connection to us has been interrupted

2) The cell host you are on has crashed

3) Some other crazy freaky thing that does nto affect everyone but some people sometimes though not always

The double restart is a long standing bug that Oli needs to fix in the reconnect code. Basically the servers haven;t completely timed you out yet and you are trying to reconnect after a lost connection. These are nto the same as CTD but equally annoying.

I thought this issue was only affecting Inf play but with it happeneing time after time I'v noticed that it also happens despawning aircraft.

got it about 6 times today.

S!

C:\PROGRA~1\CRS\BATTLE~1\ww2_sse2.exe

File version: 1, 29, 3, 255

Program compile time: Dec 23 2008 14:49:30

Date and time: 1/1/2009 14:52:58

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Exception: continuable

Exception address: 0x00578e5e

Exception tried to: read at address 0xffffffff

Exception Registers:

DS: 0x00000023, ES: 0x00000023, FS: 0x0000003b, GS: 0x00000000

EBP: 0x0013f460, ESP: 0x0013f0c8, SS: 0x00000023, EIP: 0x00578e5e

ESI: 0x00000000, EDI: 0x00000000

EAX: 0x0013f4b4, EBX: 0x0013ff30, ECX: 0x00000000, EDX: 0xc0000005

CTD'd after a pretty long session. CTD happend just after I killed an EI as an LMG and went to despawn. Then, when I logged back in, I had CTHL immediately. When I log back in again, everything is ok. I've had this happen in this sequence before. Hope this helps.

I also get it when despawning as does the rest of my squad. I get it with both infantry and armor, I just haven't flown yet or it'd probably happen there too. Man, it is so annoying...especially since I have to restart the client 2 X. Add in possible spawn delays to pick your side then another spawn for the unit and you have 5 + minutes of wasted time. It's really irritating, especially when in a huge battle.

I don't know why people post stupid "fixes" saying things like, "Is your hardware hot?" I guess 1000 players just had their hardware overheat/hard drive fragment too much/option not checked right/update your drivers/etc. YEAAAH! It's the client.

I have merged all discussions of CTDs with v1.29.3 into this one thread and stickied it. Please keep all related posts in here so it's easier for CRS to gather all the information. It might help CRS locate the problem if people post their crash logs here. When posting, please mention your operating system, and say whether you have Netcode2 enabled.

I have deleted several posts that won't help track down this bug.

Looks like turning off SSE2 helps somewhat with the ctd on despawn. Yesterday i played 4 hours and didnt get it.

Exception code: 0xc0000005

This exception code is outside the game's address so it likely means that another program is causing the crash OR we are having a conflict with another program. Are there any other programs you are running when this occurs?

One thing I've noticed with CTDT, both in my own CTDT's and in other players, is that just before the crash happens TS will start to lag. Example: Player X is talking on TS and suddenly starts to break up badly. CTDT comes within about 1 min. Then in a clear transmission player X states "f#$% I just CTD'd."

I've been having the CTD alot also, and thats new to me. I never had CTD Where it happends only when you spawn out. But now thats the only time it happends. If you watch closely on spawnout you will see 1 pause

for a split sec with the death cam.

Most of the time it goes on by but my CTD will happen at

that pause , if it happens.

I'm trying the Windows 7 Beta now. I've used it for 2 days and thats about 10 to 12 hours playing. I have not had a CTD yet. !!!!

I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it..... Just my 2 cents.

S!

Just had my CTD with Windows 7 beta,, and it was at the pause on despawn,,,,,,,,, Positive !!!