Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

1.30 Good FPS but jittery

Tigger6

Not sure if this is a bug-

I get FPS around 30-60 (vsync on) while flying, but very often, the game doesn't move smooth at all, even with fps around 60. It's like if my airplane was "walking" moves faster, slower, faster, slower, one cycle taking about 1 second. Also the input is really bad, like if my joystick was only sampled 2-5 times a second. Sometimes this goes away and for brief moments, but then it comes back. It is especially horrible while flying fast, the input is hypersensitive and jittery, even when trimmed well, and the plane moves as if it stopped for half a second every second and then quickly drew the frames that it missed.

Any clue to what should be the problem? Note that I play on a laptop which has only 5.4krpm disk. Hard drive is freshly defragged and I do not run anything else on the operating system.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GOPHUR

• rote7

• pusicato

• Tigger6

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same jitter problem as you are describing if I enable both anti-aliasing and V-sync. I'm running a 4870 and I've tried Catalysts 8.6, 8.9, 8.11 and 9.3 without success.

Some mac users are getting this as well since 1.29.3, can't figure out the cause...

i am playing on an iMac which used to get 120+fps and no stutters, or almost none on the 1.29. Now Fps are 50+ at max and stutters are really bad. The video settings are minimum. suggestions?

I am also receiving some stutters. I don't fly, and it's not a problem when I play as INF, but I notice it when I'm driving. Didn't have this happen under 1.29.x.

System Specs:

Intel Core2Duo E8600(3.33 GHz, 6MB L2 Cache, E0 Stepping) on Asus P5Q Deluxe(Intel P45 Chipset + ICH10R Southbridge), Zalman CNPS9700 LED 110mm Heatsink/Fan, Thermaltake W0116RU 750W Modular PSU, Mushkin 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066(PC2-8500) RAM in Dual-Channel mode(set to DDR2 800 5-5-15-2T with 1.9v in BIOS), HIS(ATI) 4850 HD 512 MB with IceQ4 Cooler and Catalyst 9.4 Driver, Creative SB X-Fi Titanium with Driver v2.17.0006, Western Digital 500GB GB w/16 MB Cache SRTL 7200 RPM Sata 3.0Gb/s HDD, Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 Full Tower Case, Samsung 214T MultiSync 21" Digital LCD Monitor(1600 x 1200 native res), DirectX 9.0c v9.25.1476 - November 2008, Norton Internet Security 2009(Firewall and Anti-Virus), Comcast Cable Internet Connection, WinXP Pro SP3 32-bit or Ubuntu 8.10 64-bit

Catalyst Graphic Settings:

Anti-Aliasing: 4x Edge-detect (Samples: 12x)

Anisotropic Filtering: 16x

Vertical Sync: On, unless app specifies

Adaptive Anti-Aliasing: Enabled, slider at High Quality

Mip-Map Detail Level: Slider at High Quality

Catalyst A.I.: Slider at Standard

I was able to fix jitters with the mouse sens adjustment.... will take tweeks to get it right.

Getting same jumpiness with XP when flying. Great FPS improvement, but with a sudden drop from 90-100 fps to 20 then back up for a few seconds, then drop, etc.

I want everyone in this thread to promise that when I put 1.31 into open test you'll come tell me. There isn't much I can do for these issues once we've gone live.

Getting same jumpiness with XP when flying. Great FPS improvement' date=' but with a sudden drop from 90-100 fps to 20 then back up for a few seconds, then drop, etc.[/quote']

I am getting the exact same problem on my iMac. FPS improved generally, but am now being crippled by sudden massive drops from 110 fps to as low as 2-5 fps when I am flying or tanking and change my view quickly. Its practically unplayable as a result.

This did not appear to happen in the beta BTW. Other than the jitter bug, the FPS was normal to me. Of course I never saw more than 2 people on at the same time.

ATI 4870 512GB with Catalyst 8.10 atm

After some more systematic testing I've found out the jitter is still here even with anti aliasing turned off and at 800x600.

I'm not quite sure if we are all describing the same problem Gophur. It might be more in fact- One which is clearly describable is what seems to be uneven distribution of frames through each second or two or so. You know- the airplanes moves, waits a bit, moves, waits a bit.. like a beating heart sort of. The FPS can be happily around 40-60 during this.

Need video card stats on this from you guys.

System specs: iMac 2.66 GHZ intel core duo, 4GB DDR3, Nvidia Gforce 9400 256 MB VRAM. Before 1.30 i rarely got stutters. Now even looking in the direction of a city (not necessarily contested) brings down fps from 80+ to 10 or less.

Playing on the same machine using win XP SP3 on bootcamp works well. No stutters.

I want everyone in this thread to promise that when I put 1.31 into open test you'll come tell me. There isn't much I can do for these issues once we've gone live.

Hello GOPHUR,

Regarding the Stutter Step where i would go smoothly for about 4 seconds, then receive a momentary stutter, and I discovered it was even happening while i was walking as an INF...

--> Has been cured for me with the version 1.30.1 patch. :)

Thank you! Cheers

System Specs:

Intel Core2Duo E8600(3.33 GHz, 6MB L2 Cache, E0 Stepping) on Asus P5Q Deluxe(Intel P45 Chipset + ICH10R Southbridge), Zalman CNPS9700 LED 110mm Heatsink/Fan, Thermaltake W0116RU 750W Modular PSU, Mushkin 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066(PC2-8500) RAM in Dual-Channel mode(set to DDR2 800 5-5-15-2T with 1.9v in BIOS), HIS(ATI) 4850 HD 512 MB with IceQ4 Cooler and Catalyst 9.4 Driver, Creative SB X-Fi Titanium with Driver v2.17.0006, Western Digital 500GB GB w/16 MB Cache SRTL 7200 RPM Sata 3.0Gb/s HDD, Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 Full Tower Case, Samsung 214T MultiSync 21" Digital LCD Monitor(1600 x 1200 native res), DirectX 9.0c v9.25.1476 - November 2008, Norton Internet Security 2009(Firewall and Anti-Virus), Comcast Cable Internet Connection, WinXP Pro SP3 32-bit or Ubuntu 8.10 64-bit

Microsoft Sidewinder Forcefeedback 2 USB

Catalyst Graphic Settings:

Anti-Aliasing: 4x Edge-detect (Samples: 12x)

Anisotropic Filtering: 16x

Vertical Sync: On, unless app specifies

Adaptive Anti-Aliasing: Enabled, slider at High Quality

Mip-Map Detail Level: Slider at High Quality

Catalyst A.I.: Slider at Standard

Intel Core2 6420@2.13GHz, Board MSI P35, 2GB RAM, Geforce 8600GT, Realtek onboard sound, Windows XP Pro, nVidia driver version 185.85

Experiencing jitters and mini stutters. Cleaning up nVidia drivers and reinstalling helped somewhat, but I still get jitters when flying over cites and recurring fps drops (< 20fps) near cities. New buildings seem to be one possible cause, the old city blocks dont cause jitter.

What about the rest of you guys? Macs?

Yup.

iMac 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

2 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

ATI Radeon HD 2400

VRAM 128 MB

Am getting better FPS than before...BUT huge drops down to 2-5fps. Weirdly, it happens every time the system alert comes on the screen and when I do a quick glance, zoom, or change crew. Also, brigade menu very very slow.

• Free Play Account

I get the 2 second freeze like its going to lockup.

I was fine till 1.30

Intel Core2 Duo E6400

Abit Ip35-E Mobo

2 GB PC 6400 memory

Nvidia GTS 250

Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS

T61 thinkpad:

Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T7500 @ 2.20GHz

nVidia Corporation Quadro NVS 140M (8400M-GS based chipset)

E-MU 0202 USB soundcard

Running WinXP with the single purpose of playing the game. (I.e. nothing else was ever installed except for drivers and TS)

I tried playing yesterday. On ground it's not so noticable (only while driving really), in air it's horrible. Away from any action, I had fluctuating framerate, between 5 and 155! The framerate really fluctuates that much within one second- it's just random at which moment will the FPS display capture it.

Hi

I am having the same jittery problems since 1.30 I had no problems with 1.29 but now I get the jitters, I have tried using the performance setting turning of the sound etc but it makes no difference, I am using

Windows XP

Nvidia EN8800GT 500mb onboad memory

Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.0 Ghz

FSB 1333 Mhz

3Gb Ram DDR2

The jitters happen whatever persona I use.

I hope u get this sorted pretty soon cos I have been considering if I want to keep playing the game with these jitter problems, I love the game but it makes it very dificult to play with this problem.

I had this on my desktop but not my laptop. So I reset my settings to default for the desktop and much of the problem seems to be gone. I am running an Nvidia 8000 series card.

I had this on my desktop but not my laptop. So I reset my settings to default for the desktop and much of the problem seems to be gone. I am running an Nvidia 8000 series card.

Not only did I do that, I followed every woodoo advice on teh forums: cleaning registry, cleaning/reinstalling nvidia (185.85 now), reinstalling mobo drivers, bought moar ram, defragged hd. I even did an exorcism with my computer. Nothing helped. I am grounded and will keep posting in the bugreport forums until I can fly again.