Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

1.30 Good FPS but jittery

Tigger6

Just for clarification: I don't experience blur effects, just stutters and jitters. The blur is the result of the mockup which was posted earlier in the thread to show the effect of the jitter. Blur has never been mentioned as a problem.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GOPHUR

• rote7

• pusicato

• Tigger6

Top Posters In This Topic

BLUR is not the issue with the jitters. The screen just locks up with a very clear image but you can not move but you still can hear the game sounds. I did turn off Core 1 and ran on a Core 0 last night and the jitters were not there - or at least I did not notice them nearly as much. I was getting the white map issue but the game was much smoother while in game. Will try again tonight when we have more players.

• Registered Users

Just out of curriosity, what do you have V-sync set to, in your nvidia control panel settings?

I can't remember, it was the 1st open beta, it had a steady stutter/frame freeze for many (me included). I'm thinking forceing vsync off smoothed it out alot. But then I may be miss remembering.

For completeness, I defragged my hard drive last night. It had no effect on the "jitters".

Zeke it doesn't really make a notable difference if V-sync is on or off regarding the jitter. Only thing it does is introduce screen tearing when it's off.

Just out of curriosity, what do you have V-sync set to, in your nvidia control panel settings?

Controlled by program. Vsync can be on or off in the game and I do not see any difference.

Tried that, doesn't seem to help at all. Besides, in 1.29 I always switched to both cores due to white map bug.

I did discover something else tho. If I leave the task manager opened on the "performance" tab while playing, I get stutters at seemingly the same interval as the CPU and PF usage history graph update. Does anybody get the same?

I didn't think it would but wanted to rule it out.

Nothing unusual in your post. When the paging starts happening and your CPU maxes out you're going to get a stutter.

Vsync, glad we checked on that.

TBH at this point I'm much more interested in 1.31 performance. The current code path is a dead end in about a week.

Still, it might be a carry over issue so we'll keep looking.

BLUR is not the issue with the jitters. The screen just locks up with a very clear image but you can not move but you still can hear the game sounds. I did turn off Core 1 and ran on a Core 0 last night and the jitters were not there - or at least I did not notice them nearly as much. I was getting the white map issue but the game was much smoother while in game. Will try again tonight when we have more players.

What is your CPU piat?

• 1 month later...

I dont played alot since 1.30 but i also experienced these stutters.

I frapsed it so i hope everybody can see. Sometimes there are more and somites are less stutters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3xvkki9vdc

I personally have 5-15 second freezes of the whole game a few seconds after spawning in or when opening the map from time to time. ( Even on a 20 minutes mission when opening the map 100 times or more )

And when sometimes when i switch positions in a tank or a bomber -> some seconds game freeze. Sound keeps going normally.

My System and my settings doesnt changed since a year so im pretty sure its a 1.30 / 1.30.1 bug

My FPS counter going also 60-60-60-4-40-60-60-60 5-43-60-60 and so on

WinXP 32bit

Core2Duo 3Ghz

8800GTS 512

2048 Corsair DDR-800

Creative X-Fi

VSync ON

1600*1050 Widescreen

*if someone could pls tell me how to insert a youtube video directly, i dont get it :D*

My FPS counter going also 60-60-60-4-40-60-60-60 5-43-60-60 and so on

This looks remarkably like my FPS counter. But I didn't realise it may be a bug?

Oh well here are my specs just in case:

Intel T9300 Core 2 Duo processor (2.5ghz)

nVidia Quadro FX3600M 512mb

4gb PC6400 DDR2 RAM

Sigmatel HD Audio

Windows XP x64 sp2

V-sync on

1440x900 17" LCD

(as an aside I get it more flying than on the ground, but also get a slightly higher FPS on the ground, maybe has to do with how often things must load due to movement speeds?)

Oh, and wrap the video link in tags instead of tags.

Edited by Hick

FPS meter was jumping around for me too until I alt - tabbed out of the game and back in again.

Since my last post in this thread I've switched to Win7 64bit and this has more or less fixed things. I also notice ATi drivers seem to be much better for Win 7 than for XP.

FPS meter was jumping around for me too until I alt - tabbed out of the game and back in again.

Since my last post in this thread I've switched to Win7 64bit and this has more or less fixed things. I also notice ATi drivers seem to be much better for Win 7 than for XP.

Interesting. I could try that, although I have no idea how to get hold of windows 7. This XP I got from our technical support guy, as I nuked the original vista on my computer long time ago.

Interesting. I could try that' date=' although I have no idea how to get hold of windows 7. This XP I got from our technical support guy, as I nuked the original vista on my computer long time ago.[/quote']

Well, download it for free from microsoft. Will work till March 2010 if I remember correctly.

Yes you can DL the beta from Microsoft, but IIRC the offer will expire soon. The beta works till March 2010.

One thing tho - I recommend setting it up in dual boot mode with whatever OS you have now in case you run into any kind of driver trouble.