Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Game freezes every 10 minutes or so

PITTPETE

• Free Play Account

It freezes for 2 seconds, like Im about to CTD and then back to normal.

Before 1.30 I never ever CTD'd on any kind of regular basis

=== Test Started @ Fri May 29 04:42:06 2009

UTC ===

Test 1: Auth Pri -OK- 47ms

Test 2: Main Pri -OK- 3062ms

Test 3: Main Alt -OK- 47ms

Test 4: Main PingPri WSAE:: Connection refused (10061)*** FAILED: Connect failed

Test 5: Main PingAlt WSAE:: Connection refused (10061)*** FAILED: Connect failed

Test 6: Main Chat WSAE:: Connection refused (10061)*** FAILED: Connect failed

Test 7: Event Pri WSAE:: Connection refused (10061)*** FAILED: Connect failed

Test 8: Event Alt WSAE:: Connection refused (10061)*** FAILED: Connect failed

*** Partial failure.

- Check firewall

2nd time

=== Test Started @ Fri May 29 04:43:04 2009

UTC ===

Test 1: Auth Pri -OK- 63ms

Test 2: Main Pri -OK- 47ms

Test 3: Main Alt -OK- 47ms

Test 4: Main PingPri WSAE:: Connection refused (10061)*** FAILED: Connect failed

Test 5: Main PingAlt WSAE:: Connection refused (10061)*** FAILED: Connect failed

Test 6: Main Chat WSAE:: Connection refused (10061)*** FAILED: Connect failed

Test 7: Event Pri WSAE:: Connection refused (10061)*** FAILED: Connect failed

Test 8: Event Alt WSAE:: Connection refused (10061)*** FAILED: Connect failed

*** Partial failure.

- Check firewall

if i get the mouse to work, it does the same thing above ctd...

what a rip off................

Taht's not a CTD you are having a connection error. Did you check your firewall as indicated in the log?

Do you have the correct ports open? (27015-17)

• Free Play Account

Gophur, never had a problem b4 1.30.

I have windows firewall with exeptions for WWII Online.

Do I have to open the ports on the router also?

I don't think that'll be an issue with the firewall now that i look at it some more. Try runnign with the firewall off to test for sure. Is this when flying only or all the time?

I am also getting those same issues, game will freeze for about 10 seconds and then back to normal. Always when flying, too.

I can pretty much say it happens 90% of the time I'm in game flying around.

Is there anything I can do to help you guys test this out??

I've turned QoS off, my windows firewall off, opened TCP and UDP ports for this game on my router as well.

Tried playing with sound disabled as well, but it still happened.

As a point of note, I had these issues with 1.29 as well as 1.30.

pgregory

• Free Play Account

I've turned QoS off, my windows firewall off, opened TCP and UDP ports for this game on my router as well.

I dont fly, it only happens on the ground.

An example would be:

Aim and zoom in on a rifle and it freezes on the zoom,then 2 or 3 seconds later, back to normal.

Like I said, its like Im about to CTD but then nothing and it happens periodically during a night of playing for a few hours.

I'd say my freeze ups last 10 to 15 seconds.. Enough to find yourself crashed or shot down after it comes back to normal.

With your freeze ups, does the sound studder as well? Like the CPU on the machine was at 100%? My game will freeze up, then the sound will start to studder and repeat, then I'll return to normal, OR, of it lasts longer than 10 or 15 seconds it'll auto despawn me when it returns back to normal.

• Free Play Account

No, no sound stutter just the 2-3 second freeze then back smooth.

I will have to remember when this happens if my FPS changes drastically

• Free Play Account

Keeps happening.

3 second freezes the longer I play.

I noticed my FPS drop to 1 then go back up to like 40 or 50 depending where I am.

This didnt happen with 1.29

Also checked and WWII uses 1.5 GB now under processes.

My page file after a few hours of play is 1.93

Core 2 Duo 6400

Nvidia GTS 250 512 mb

2 GB PC 6400

Audigy 2 ZS

I also have exatly the same problem. The game is freezing for 2-4 sec, even if Im outside game selecting brigade or looking at the map.

Vista 32

AMD Athlon 64x2 5400+ 2.8 GHz

RAM 2 GB

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS

• Free Play Account

I tried setting affinity to 1st core only and still getting the freezes.

Just played for an hour and had 2 of them.

CRS, I hope you are working on this issue.

Its not a show stopper but is getting aggravating.

Ex.-- Running in from an MS to town then screen freezes>I still hear my guy running>1-2-3 and then back to normal.

Tonight FPS didnt dip to 1 but still had the freeze.

Also starting to stutter a little tonight,when up close w/ enemy inf in the rifle dance of death.

Impossible to aim when you are getting little stutter freezes.

Again, only started in 1.30

i also have game freee for sec or so when someone a flag in town and the screen flashes that we have lost or gained a flag

I'm guessing my issue isnt the same as all of yours. I appear to have resolved mine, though.

I disabled a bunch of unnecessary processes from running, mostly the stupid bonjour sharing from iTunes that it installs, a bunch of akami (I think thats how its spelled) processed on my PC, and anything that I didn't recognize as important (I used processlibrary.com to look the stuff up)

No more issues for me.

I imagine mine was totally network or 3rd app related, particularly that stupid bonjour service and those akami processes.

I also went into device manager and chose the option to show hidden devices - I saw old sound card drivers still running so I removed those via the device manager as well.

I'll make a list of items I disabled if you guys want.

I'm guessing my issue isnt the same as all of yours. I appear to have resolved mine, though.

I disabled a bunch of unnecessary processes from running, mostly the stupid bonjour sharing from iTunes that it installs, a bunch of akami (I think thats how its spelled) processed on my PC, and anything that I didn't recognize as important (I used processlibrary.com to look the stuff up)

No more issues for me.

I imagine mine was totally network or 3rd app related, particularly that stupid bonjour service and those akami processes.

I also went into device manager and chose the option to show hidden devices - I saw old sound card drivers still running so I removed those via the device manager as well.

I'll make a list of items I disabled if you guys want.

That is generally great advice. When a machine gets bogged down with a lot of secondary process and other old junk it needs a cleaning. Sure the game is probably not as efficient as it could be but...

Especially on an older machine. I routinely do a complete system wipe and reinstall once a year whether it needs it or not. Works wonders.

• Free Play Account

Now Im getting angry.

I have 22 processes running on startup, I defrag weekly.

The game was fine before THE PATCH!!!

My game is freezing for 2 or 3 seconds,I hear sound,sometimes FPS drops to one,sometimes it doesnt.

There are a lot of people complaining about these freezes.

Please tell us you are working on something.

I'd say my freeze ups last 10 to 15 seconds.. Enough to find yourself crashed or shot down after it comes back to normal.

With your freeze ups, does the sound studder as well? Like the CPU on the machine was at 100%? My game will freeze up, then the sound will start to studder and repeat, then I'll return to normal, OR, of it lasts longer than 10 or 15 seconds it'll auto despawn me when it returns back to normal.

I get this, flying or on the ground, sound and stutters, bizarre.

Even more wierdly though it only seems to happen for roughly the first 20minutes of playing.

Especially on an older machine. I routinely do a complete system wipe and reinstall once a year whether it needs it or not. Works wonders.

If i still had a Windows install CD i'd do a complete wipe, alas i haven't :(

I get this, flying or on the ground, sound and stutters, bizarre.

Even more wierdly though it only seems to happen for roughly the first 20minutes of playing.

Fearny, I get the exact same behavior. I believe it has to do with the game moving stuff from virtual memory to RAM as you encounter it. After 20 minutes or so of playing, you have encountered everything so it is all loaded into RAM. Thus, the stutters go away.

If you haven't already, see this thread:

http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showthread.php?t=278446

i mainly get pauses like this with the map open, or in a zoomed state

Maybe 1-2 a 5 hour session.

Fearny, I get the exact same behavior. I believe it has to do with the game moving stuff from virtual memory to RAM as you encounter it. After 20 minutes or so of playing, you have encountered everything so it is all loaded into RAM. Thus, the stutters go away.

If you haven't already, see this thread:

http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showthread.php?t=278446

I believe that is what he is experiencing. Whenever there is a load you'll experience a stutter. that's part of a seamless world.