Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Lag From hell

sockeye

I was able to log into and play the open beta without any issues at all. After I un-installed everything and did a fresh install of 1.30, I had the problems with the clock flip-flopping all over the place. At the time I didn't realize it may have been related to my AMD dual core cpu, so I just up dated my ATI drivers. That fixed the clock problems, but my FPS took a huge hit. From 50-70's all the way down to 1-2 fps. Just as a trial I rolled back my drivers from 9.5 to 8.3. No luck. Still same issues. Any thoughts?

Did you follow the proper Catalyst uninstall procedure (i.e. complete removal of anything ATI) when you rolled back to 8.3?

Yes. I'm an ATI users for the last 15 years or so. Recently I did a complete un-install of WWII right down to the registry. FPS remains at 1-2. Is this a known issue with ATI users?

Actually I've never heard of such a drastic FPS drop, I just figured something could be wrong with the drivers installation. Guess not then.

Well I was able to apply a temporary fix to the problem by cutting way back on my resolution. :confused: I hope CRS will fix this problem, because while I can play, it looks like crap.

Not seeing it here but we don;t have a lot of AMD/ATi systems at the moment.

What are your sys specs?

Not seeing it here but we don;t have a lot of AMD/ATi systems at the moment.

What are your sys specs?

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Manchester 2.2GHz Socket 939 89W Dual-Core Processor

ATI 1950 256megs RAM

Having the same issues as you are having.

Ati Radeon 9600 256 mb

AMD Athlon 2800 2.1 Ghz

All graphics on minimum and resolution @ 800 x 600 and im still running at 6/7 FPS

Had to roll back to 8.1 drivers otherwise my game wont even launch.

That is a real blast from the past or 2002.

It ran the game back fine 4 years ago, and it ran Crysis at 20 FPS.

Wasn't supposed to. Your video card is not supported. You might try a newer driver but not the 9.5 catalyst. Also make sure your card is selected in Settings. Please start a new thread if the problem persists.

http://discussions.playnet.com/showthread.php?t=277241

http://wiki.wwiionline.com/index.php/System_requirements

Future Requirements

The system specifications needed to run the game have increased overtime so that it can support new technologies which improve the game experience. These advancements will continue. The specifications below will soon be official.

[edit]

PC

* Windows XP Service Pack 2

* 2.0+ GHz CPU (Dual Core Processor Recommended)

* 1 GB of RAM (2 GB Recommended)

* 128 MB Dedicated 3D Video Card (OpenGL v1.2 and Shader 2.0 compliant)

o Examples:

+ NVidia GeForce 5000 series or better

+ ATI Radeon 9800 or better

o Strongly Recommended:

+ NVidia GeForce 7000 series or better

+ ATI Radeon X1600 series or better

* DirectSound-compatibile audio processor

* Broadband Strongly Recommended: 128+ Mbps

* 2GB free hard disc space

* DirectX 9.0

* USB joystick highly recommended

[edit]

Mac

* OS X (version 10.4.8 minimum) or higher

* Apple Macintosh G5 processor (Intel CPU recommended).

* 1GB RAM (2GB recommended)

* 128 MB video card (OpenGL v1.2 compliant)

* 32xCD-ROM (installation only)

* Broadband internet connection: 128+ Mbps

* 2GB free hard drive space (more if you take many Screen Shots, or record video)

* USB joystick highly recommended

Time to start looking for some new stuff.

This last patch did help somewhat, but still not enough to be able to play though. I went from 1-2 fps to 5-20 fps, with 20 fps in towns without any action. When the fun started I was down to 5 or 7 fps. Please keep trying Gopher. I'm cheering for you.

2 gigs ram and a Radeon 1950 pro with 256 megs ram here and I have also gotten a significant fps drop to where I cannot fight in any decent sized battles now.

2 gigs ram and a Radeon 1950 pro with 256 megs ram here and I have also gotten a significant fps drop to where I cannot fight in any decent sized battles now.

AMD or Intel?

Well keep on it but...

Starting with 1.31 (ready to begin beta testing) we are moving to Shader 2.0 as a minimum spec. We're gonna have to put an upgrade together for you guys.

I'll probably start working some these system upgrades into a guide. I can literally build a system that will play the game for less than you can buy an Xbox. Still, it's money =[

I confirm that on my iMac, 2.66 GhZ intel 2 core duo, 4GB ram and Nvidia Geforce 9400 with 256 vRam playing on mac os leopard is impossible. Stutters and lag everywhere.

Same machine works fine on windows 7 though.

Wow we are still running shaders 1.0? Can't wait for 2.0, I know how big of a difference that will make = )

FPS increased for me...

core i7 3.2ghz

6gb ddr3 1333

2x ATI 4870 vid cards

That's a near high end machine. Nice.

Well keep on it but...

Starting with 1.31 (ready to begin beta testing) we are moving to Shader 2.0 as a minimum spec. We're gonna have to put an upgrade together for you guys.

I'll probably start working some these system upgrades into a guide. I can literally build a system that will play the game for less than you can buy an Xbox. Still, it's money =[

Thanks Gopher. I hope this will be a final solution. I love playing WWII, but as it is presently, I'm unable to enjoy it as I should.

Considering that I went from 40 FPS to 60... and still sometimes dip to 20, with only shader model 1.0..... yeah.

To be honest, the better they make the graphics the better my perf will get, I believe.

"Nvidia Geforce 9400"

I'm not surprised *sigh*.

There is no nice way to say this but a 9400M is not a gaming card. Why Apple continues to do this is beyond me.

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/gaming-graphics-charts-q3-2008/3DMark06-v1.1.0-HDR-SM3.0-Score,793.html

It's nto even listed there because until Apple asked for this card, it didn't exist.

I mean c'mon! The 4850 is a decent entry level card. The 9400? You're kidding me! Aw this makes me so mad I could spit.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/graphics/review/2008/10/23/ATI-HD-4550-vs-nVidia-9400-GT/p1