Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

new rainclouds and flying

thief

Made a video of taking off with a 109f and going through the clouds at ~1km. It feels like you stop flying since you cant see any land anymore, very confusing. And it's super dark below the clouds. And the crosshairs are all messed up.

for better quality, download this:

http://www.jg11.net/thiefman/Videos/newclouds.wmv

Edited by thief

Made a video of taking off with a 109f and going through the clouds at ~1km. It feels like you stop flying since you cant see any land anymore, very confusing. And it's super dark below the clouds. And the crosshairs are all messed up.

Ffsn9VbshEE

for better quality, download this:

http://www.jg11.net/thiefman/Videos/newclouds.wmv

nüb

i noticed the reticle looks a little .. idk odd sorta stretched but when zoomed in it looked normal to me.

oh and the E4 is now using the E1's skin with a much improved 6 view due to a new version of the pilot head armor. i did notice some odd glitches though. if ou look straight ahead you cant see the levers on the left/rght side of the lower dash area but looking straight down they pop into visual.

nothing major just odd.

gun sights are screwed on all french and german fighters/bombers bullet path does not go where it should. it shoots low p38 is ok all hurri models are ok spits cant tell the whole sight is screwed

Good part: you can fly above it.

Bad part: You can still see well enough below the clouds that the deck hugging yankers will still be yanking on the deck but now they'll have dark layer of protection.

Good part: you can fly above it.

Bad part: You can still see well enough below the clouds that the deck hugging yankers will still be yanking on the deck but now they'll have dark layer of protection.

Old--- isnt there a different forum for bugs ?

Edited by angriff

yeah when using rudder the bullets slew off to the side like if you got some rudder and opposite aileron trying to track a ground target the bullet slews off thats pretty stupid...did they throw realism and physics out the window with 1.31? gunsites are f'd bullets shoot low...pretty big bug for being in closed beta this long...

Old--- isnt there a different forum for bugs ?

Sorry, I don't live in here anymore. Just visiting.

Ground pounder would like a day or two when you cant have you way with us thank you

This isn't going to achieve that. It'll protect those that straffe from those that try to kill them.

Do you think that air-to-ground visibility under the Cloudy Day cloud deck will be decreased, and engagement of aircraft by AA gunners will be aided due to the additional altitude cue provided by the cloud deck above them?

This isn't going to achieve that. It'll protect those that straffe from those that try to kill them.

Look this has been talked about for almost a month now since the announced the rain thing. It is another attempt at something that failed. Judgeing by the look of things this will be different only in it might make 109s and 190s not fly just above the rain cloud and dart down and back up trying to hunt and peck. It is a little low for them but above is extremely clear so other planes will fly only a little higher to catch them darting in and out. It will not raise the level of the fights but only create them at a lower threshold level( whatever the rain is at) than the 4k meters previously. It will make bombers fly lower to attack ground targets during rain making them more susceptible to AAA fire. Is it an improvement and is it a feasible feature that will remain? The jury has yet to begin on that. However seeing the first complaint from one of the kings of alt hawking I would say it is a bust.

its certainly better than weather 1.0.

still doesnt look like real weather from above. a massive flat blanket of clouds that goes on forever just isnt 'real' looking.

as long as this weather isnt too frequent i dont see a big problem with it. it isnt like we have a reason to bomb from altitude so the blanket blocking ground targets isnt that major.

To be honest, I don't think if it's going to be a total failure. 1 thing is for sure. Ground guys will still have all the ea low&slow strafing them. BUT every plane coming to the AO will be SUPER easy to spot if he even THINKS about getting altitude before reaching the target. And if he doesn't climb and stays below, he is going to die to groundfire. havocs/db-7s will need alt to get them into their supersonic dives. 1km alt is not enough to survive.

Then there will always be someone to bnz through that cloud layer, shoot something and drag an unfortunate noob up. Remember, all the planes below probably have no clue how many ea are waiting for them above that clouds. They go up to chase one plane and come down in flames :) I'm guessing all the other noobs down there will NOT wan't to climb after that :)

"mission posted. i have an HT towing to the ingress lane from maub need 10 bofors"

the new barcap ;).

4wing fighter sweep?

The nicety for the Naval guys is planes will not be able to target them very well. On the other hand though once targeted they will not be able to react with gunfire very fast either.