Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

[MAC] Infantry stance doesnt change view(#3618)

marcus33

Performed on the training grounds:

When changing inf stance to prone or crouch the view remains the same (no height indication).Dropped some clones that confirm that the stance actually changed.

After a single stance change the fire button doesnt work anymore (mouse1) while mouse 2 for aiming is still workin.

Hmm, it works for me as Brit Rifle. I couldn't reproduce this. All stance changes were reflected in my view, as well as the little health indicator guy, and I could fire just fine. Can you do a screenshot including the health window where it doesn't match the view (use prone as its easier to see)?

What kind of keyboard do you have (wireless/wired full/short, etc)? Have you modified the infantry keymap at all? You might try resetting the keymap to defaults and try again.

Playin on MBpro (model 5,1) using the laptop keyboard.Didnt change any things in keymapper and tried resetting it even, still the same with the 'cant fire' thing after only 1 stance change.

Here the screens:

up.jpg

middle.jpg

down-1.jpg

Freaky. I wonder if anyone else gets this? It looks like the stance is changing correctly but the eyepoint isn't moving.

I can try it on my ancient MBP, though the video is below spec.

I was unable to reproduce this.. Found a different bug when testing this though. Not sure if its mac specific or not.. Will post another thread

I'm getting the same bug on my 15" 2.4 ghz MBP (Model 4,1). Change stance and the camera doesn't move, and I'm unable to fire. Aiming and everything else seem to work, just can't pull the trigger. This is with 1.31.0.18.

Found another bug related to stance change.

After changin the stance (and/or back) unable to move up certain stairs.

Screens show what i mean. Tested in Givet

blocked2.jpg

blocked1.jpg

According to RAMP, what happens is that the change in stance gets stuck for some unknown reason, and what you are seeing is an intermediate state where you can't shot or climb stairs etc. I may put a version out with some debugging info to see if we can pinpoint. I can't get it to happen so we'll have to debug it indirectly.

Does it ever work? Can you ever get into something other than standing? Does it matter if you go from standing -> kneel or standing -> prone? What about lean?

Basically when i spawn in i can get into everything, all workin.

Change stance to whether prone or kneel ill be still able to access all.

However once i change stance for a 2nd time, no matter what position all stairs/small steps are blocked. Goes for all buildings, cp stairs, spawn depot stairs and also the brick wall in this picture.

wall.jpg

There is one exception which is this new building. I'm always able to go up that ramp.

newbuild.jpg

Freaky. I wonder if anyone else gets this? It looks like the stance is changing correctly but the eyepoint isn't moving.

I can try it on my ancient MBP, though the video is below spec.

I see this too Ahwulf. Eye point don't change (moves down) when changing stance from standing to prone or to kneeling.

RAMP is going to give me some tools to trap this. I might build a special version for those who get this so we can get some debug info.

• 1 month later...

Just spent a few minutes both online and offline after d/l-ing today's beta.

All of the above is still happening for me with regards to the lack of eyepoint change, weapons won't fire after a stance change, cannot climb ramps/stairs after stance change.

Going to trash prefs/config files and do a re-install, but tried that during offline beta in Dec which didn't help then

See a ticket was issued, previously so assume it is still open?

2008 24" iMac 3.06GHZ core 2

4GB RAM

512MB NVIDEA 8800GS

This also happened to me during the offline beta. I didn't get to mow down my clones. But it happened to me every time after i first couldn't shoot (even after I respawned), regardless if I crouched or went prone. That was my only experience with the offline beta so I don't know if it happens more or again upon restart of the game.

Now when I try and log into the online beta it says the server is down, ill check it out when i can. I am also on a macbook pro.

@#$@!% sounds similar to what was reported above then, not every Mac player is seeing it. It is not an intermittent problem for me, happens each and every time I spawn in.

Basically, spawn in as any infantryman online or offline in trng (I've tried German/Brit/ArFr all the same).

Standing by default as you spawn in, aim/fire all work just fine. Run over to a building without changing stance from standing and you can climb stairs as normal.

However, whenever I change stance from standing (crouch or prone, doesn't matter) the eyepoint does not change in my first person view, however I DO appear to crouch or go prone to another player. The image on the health bar also seemingly reacts correctly to show me standing/crouching/prone as I commanded.

Once I have altered my stance, I can still aim the weapon with mouse button #2, however no weapons will fire (with either the mouse or assigning a secondary keymap to the keyboard) even if I return to standing.

Also, once I have altered my stance from standing, I am unable to climb internal or external stairs.

I haven't explored this fully either, but appears that the lmg, once deployed, will not un-deploy and it the mortar simply will not deploy at all even though the health bar shows me prone.

I've since tried deleting the beta and all wwiiol prefs/cfml files. Reinstalled the beta and still get the same result.

The pics posted above my Marcus33 are spot on what I'm seeing. From reading the whole thread, seems like no one has experienced and reported it other than me, Sparre, and Marcus.

FWIW I'm running OS 10.5.8, not Snow Leopard. I'm curious if Sparre or Marcus still see this with the new beta.

Getting late so can't toy with this anymore tonight, but happy to take screenies or try to troubleshoot further as you want/need over the next few days.

Talking with Ramp the animation appears to get stuck in between two states; during an animation transition you aren't allowed to do anything but wait til its done. Usually we are talking a couple frames but once you get "stuck" you are permanently in there. We don't have any idea yet how the stuckness happens.

Yeah, I have this every time too.

The indicator changes, and when you despawn you can see that you are in the position you changed to, but the eyepoint never changes and I can't fire the weapon, even if I go back to the original standing position.

Thanks Ahwulf. Since you aren't able to reproduce it, if there is anything you need/want me to try on my end to help isolate the bug further, let me know.

In the meantime, think I'll try installing on my wife's MBP and see how it behaves. It doesn't meet spec but hoping I can test out the infantry behavior offline at least.

Edit:

Just tried on my wife's MBP and getting the same stance bugs in offline trng

2009 MBP 2GHz Core 2

2GB RAM

256MB GeForce 9400M

OS 10.5.7

Edited by codguy
Added additional results

I think I'll try to run it on the office Mac, which is below spec. My Pro at home is apparently immune.

Note if the mac is wimpy, you may be able to test if you reduce the resolution to something like 1024 x 768.

I just tried this on the office iMac (2GB/HD2600PRO) and it doesn't happen there either. There must be some combination of things that you do that are different that triggers the problem. I tried all sorts of ops on and offline and it never went wrong. Must be one of those irritating statistical bugs...

Can someone do a step by step of what you are doing. Include anything you can think of for a setup, then exactly what you do from spawn to problem.

As far as setup goes, both systems I tried it on (specs for both posted below) were fresh downloads and installs of yesterday's beta release. Straightforward install to applications folder (where the install app defaults to). I had previously backed up and deleted the existing cfml file in my user library on the imac since 1.30 is currently installed on this machine. The MBP has never had any version of wwiiol installed prior to installing the beta this morning so is as clean of an install as I can think of.

This is the minimum number of steps I can come up with to repeat the bug on both of my macs:

1. Launch the beta in offline mode at native resolution and default game settings (though I've subsequently tried everything from 1024x768 to 1920x1200 and all three default configs: Best Visuals, Balanced, and Best Performance)

2. Select british rifleman (default selection)

3. Click spawn button

(a brit rifle spawns standing inside training AB inf spawn)

4.click mouse button (rifle fires)

5. press 'F' (rifleman kneels. Viewpoint has not changed, but health bar shows kneeling)

6. click mouse button (rifle does not fire)

7. press 'F' (viewpoint does not change, but health bar shows standing)

8. click mouse button (rifle does not fire)

9. despawn

10. Repeat 2-9 with any infantry type with same result

Since you can't see it on any of your machines, here's a more expanded video/commentary of what I'm seeing Mac Stance bug video

Hardware Overview (iMac): OS 10.5.8

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac8,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Boot ROM Version: IM81.00C1.B00

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0609

Revision ID: 0x00a2

ROM Revision: 3234

Displays:

iMac:

Resolution: 1920 x 1200

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Built-In: Yes

Hardware Overview (MacBook): OS 10.5.7

Model Name: MacBook

Model Identifier: MacBook5,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Boot ROM Version: MB51.0073.B06

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

Type: Display

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0863

Revision ID: 0x00b1

ROM Revision: 3343

Displays:

Color LCD:

Resolution: 1280 x 800

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Built-In: Yes

I'm kind of curious what graphics cards and OS the others who see this are running...

Edited by codguy
Added system specs