Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

[MAC] Infantry stance doesnt change view(#3618)

marcus33

As far as setup goes, both systems I tried it on (specs for both posted below) were fresh downloads and installs of yesterday's beta release. Straightforward install to applications folder (where the install app defaults to). I had previously backed up and deleted the existing cfml file in my user library on the imac since 1.30 is currently installed on this machine. The MBP has never had any version of wwiiol installed prior to installing the beta this morning so is as clean of an install as I can think of.

This is the minimum number of steps I can come up with to repeat the bug on both of my macs:

1. Launch the beta in offline mode at native resolution and default game settings (though I've subsequently tried everything from 1024x768 to 1920x1200 and all three default configs: Best Visuals, Balanced, and Best Performance)

2. Select british rifleman (default selection)

3. Click spawn button

(a brit rifle spawns standing inside training AB inf spawn)

4.click mouse button (rifle fires)

5. press 'F' (rifleman kneels. Viewpoint has not changed, but health bar shows kneeling)

6. click mouse button (rifle does not fire)

7. press 'F' (viewpoint does not change, but health bar shows standing)

8. click mouse button (rifle does not fire)

9. despawn

10. Repeat 2-9 with any infantry type with same result

Since you can't see it on any of your machines, here's a more expanded video/commentary of what I'm seeing Mac Stance bug video

24" imac 8,1:

3.06 GHz Core 2 Duo

4GB RAM

512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800GS

OS 10.5.8

Alum 13" Mac Book Pro 5,1

2 GHz Core 2 Duo

2GB RAM

256MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

OS 10.5.7

I'm kind of curious what graphics cards and OS the others who see this are running...

Same for me.

Steps are easy to reproduce 100% of the time.

Spawn infantry.

As long as you stay standing, weapons all work.

Choose to kneel or to go prone.

View doesn't change, but indicator and clones show correctly.

But weapons don't work. (Grenade, satchel, rifle, whatever)

That's it.

No special set of steps to reproduce the bug. You can do it immediately, or play the game for an hour, standing the whole time.

If you change from standing, your view doesn't change and your weapons won't work.

Model Name: Mac Pro

Model Identifier: MacPro1,1

Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon

Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz

Number Of Processors: 2

Total Number Of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB

Memory: 3 GB

Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz

Boot ROM Version: MP11.005D.B00

ATI Radeon HD 4870:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 4870

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 1024 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9440

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B7710C-176

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.318

Displays:

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 2560 x 1600

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

wwiiolsig.jpg

Edited by romzburg

Well, I think I feel a bit better knowing it's not just an NVIDIA thing...

Have everything on my imac backed up on a Time Capsule so think I might just slick the damn thing in the morning and try installing again on a completely clean system.

I broke my leg a couple of weeks back and can't work, so have plenty of time and there's only so much curling a man can watch... :-)

The video was helpful, but since I can't repro it I am having to look at the code directly, which is sort of the hard way. I still have a really crappy 1stGen MBP at home I might try although it probably won't even launch the game. RAMP thought it might be a timing thing but since that MacPro is the same as mine that seems doubtful.

Could it be Leopard vs Snow Leopard? Both Macs I have are 10.6.x. It seems unlikely but it is a difference.

The video was helpful, but since I can't repro it I am having to look at the code directly, which is sort of the hard way. I still have a really crappy 1stGen MBP at home I might try although it probably won't even launch the game. RAMP thought it might be a timing thing but since that MacPro is the same as mine that seems doubtful.

Could it be Leopard vs Snow Leopard? Both Macs I have are 10.6.x. It seems unlikely but it is a difference.

I'm using Leopard, not Snow Leopard...

I'm using Leopard' date=' not Snow Leopard...[/quote']

I ordered 10.6 from Amazon a couple of days ago so guess I'll let y'all know in 5-7 business days

I also get this bug with the current Beta --- but I did *not* get it with the original offline-only Beta. But now, online or off, every time I spawn inf, I get all the symptoms. Getting "stuck" partway sounds right --- with an LMG or ATR, trying to go prone not only prevents me from shooting, but when I try to deploy I get the same Uh-uh head shake I would get if I were still standing.

Mac Pro

2 X 2.8 GHx Quad-core Xeon

8GB RAM

512 MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

I get this bug every time, offline or online. I also cannot fire once I have switched positions-- even when I have returned to standing position. I think that's due to the intermediateness of the state we're getting to.

System:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac Pro

Model Identifier: MacPro3,1

Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz

Number Of Processors: 2

Total Number Of Cores: 8

L2 Cache (per processor): 12 MB

Memory: 18 GB

Bus Speed: 1.6 GHz

Boot ROM Version: MP31.006C.B05

SMC Version (system): 1.25f4

Serial Number (system): G88014R7XYK

Hardware UUID: 1D85B078-F66A-500E-9D8B-48DEDEF97B48

NVIDIA GeForce GT 120:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GT 120

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0640

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: 3386

Displays:

Cinema HD:

Resolution: 2560 x 1600 # but I run the game at 1280 x 800

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

System Software Overview:

System Version: Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)

Kernel Version: Darwin 9.8.0

Boot Volume: Mtron #it's an Intel SSD now. :D

Boot Mode: Normal

Computer Name: XXXX

User Name: XXXX

Time since boot: 1 day2:12

Get the same bug.

OS 10.5.8

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac9,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Boot ROM Version: IM91.008D.B08

SMC Version (system): 1.45f0

Serial Number (system): QP93304V0TJ

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0867

Revision ID: 0x00b1

ROM Revision: 3379

Displays:

iMac:

Resolution: 1920 x 1200

Built-In: Yes

AHWULF,

Can you poll us Mac users and see if it is 10.6 vs 10.5?

It does seem to be a 10.5 issue, anecdotally.

I will have to upgrade not only my OS, but also Parallels which I use to launch Windows XP so I can VPN to my workplace and then Remote Desktop to my workstation. (My current version of Parallels isn't compatible with 10.6....)

So before that hassle and risk of screwing my work ability, I'd like to know for sure that it is a 10.6 thing.

Thanks.

wwiiolsig.jpg

That seems to be the trick.

The copy of 10.6 I ordered arrived in the mail today. Just installed SL on my imac, ran the beta and no more stance/firing problems on 1.31.26.

Wasn't just the .26 patch as I had installed that this morning and still no worky with 10.5.8.

Doesn't solve the problem of why it doesn't work in Leopard, but for anyone (like me) who was on the fence about Snow Leopard, here's a little nudge.

Edit: Oh, and for the record, 10.6 seems to have fixed the M/L marking bug in 1.30 as well... Still can't post more than one or name waypoints/attack points, but can at least mark.

Edit (again): 2 for 2. Just finished updating my wife's MBP to 10.6 and no more stance bug here either.

Edited by codguy
Added info

That seems to be the trick.

The copy of 10.6 I ordered arrived in the mail today. Just installed SL on my imac, ran the beta and no more stance/firing problems on 1.31.26.

Wasn't just the .26 patch as I had installed that this morning and still no worky with 10.5.8.

Doesn't solve the problem of why it doesn't work in Leopard, but for anyone (like me) who was on the fence about Snow Leopard, here's a little nudge.

Edit: Oh, and for the record, 10.6 seems to have fixed the M/L marking bug in 1.30 as well... Still can't post more than one or name waypoints/attack points, but can at least mark.

Edit (again): 2 for 2. Just finished updating my wife's MBP to 10.6 and no more stance bug here either.

Well, hell.

Looks like I got some work to do.

can anyone else confirm the 10.5 vs 10.6 issue?

Thanks!

wwiiolsig.jpg

Updated ticket with info pointing to 10.5.

We are not officially supporting 10.5 (don't call BLOO) but andrew may be able to nail this now that he has a lead.

Great testing guys.

Actually we do still support 10.5, its 10.4 we longer support. We've always supported one version back since not everyone can upgrade just for a game.

This is helpful, though I have no idea how the OS can influence either of these bugs, at least I know what the problem is. Hmm, I have no copy of 10.5 left except on PowerPC.... other than my ancient MBP which is so far below spec it lives in a hole in the ground. Guess I fire up the nearly dead beast.

No, Apple won't let them allow this, though that would be cool. Not even sure how to install 10.5 on my Pro since it came with 10.6.

I might be able to do something with the office iMac if I can find a 10.5 DVD...

• 2 weeks later...

FIXED for me in 1.31.0.30

I am a 10.5 user.

AHWULF said in Mac Support he thought he fixed this but needed to test.

WOOT.

Ready for test 1.31.0.31

Didn't find a 1.31.0.31 on the ftp server, and when I went online beta didn't get a patch.

It is definitely fixed in 1.31.0.30 though.