Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Feedback - JS Detection Issues

david06

My G940 works completely with 1.30, all the elements. I load up the 1.31 beta and the game does not accept input from any of the axes on the rudder pedals (yaw or toe brake). I've verified that my device is fully functional.

I've noticed that while 1.30 had my throttle registering as "joystick 2", in 1.31 it registers as "joystick 4". Might this be an indicator of what's causing this problem?

Its detecting J1 as J2 and J2 as J1 but J3 which are rudders is not being detected :(

Works fine in 1.30 though

On the regular sever, my x52 works just fine. However, when I go onto the beta, it doesn't work at all.

I've tried reinstalling the drivers, moving the CTML files, remapping, reconfiguring, unplugging, etc.

Anyone else got some ideas, or am I missing something here?

Its detecting J1 as J2 and J2 as J1 but J3 which are rudders is not being detected :(

Works fine in 1.30 though

Yes it's unfortunate about the rudder pedals; such a pricy piece of equipment and it's not working in game. I just downloaded the latest drivers but still no dice. That they worked in 1.30 is a good sign at least, perhaps it's a simple fix.

I haven't had any overheating issues with my joystick yet, though I don't think I've really pushed it too much. I have a glass desktop so maybe that mitigates any heat issue the stick has. I'll have to check it out more.

Yes it's unfortunate about the rudder pedals; such a pricy piece of equipment and it's not working in game. I just downloaded the latest drivers but still no dice. That they worked in 1.30 is a good sign at least' date=' perhaps it's a simple fix.[/quote']

It is working but its not detecting it

I though it didnt work since it doesnt detect it but when you ingame they do work

I haven't had any overheating issues with my joystick yet, though I don't think I've really pushed it too much. I have a glass desktop so maybe that mitigates any heat issue the stick has. I'll have to check it out more.

If you fly often which i do touch the base with your hand

After 4 or 5 air missions in mine its gets really hot

On the regular sever, my x52 works just fine. However, when I go onto the beta, it doesn't work at all.

I've tried reinstalling the drivers, moving the CTML files, remapping, reconfiguring, unplugging, etc.

Anyone else got some ideas, or am I missing something here?

I have exactly same problem with my X52.

In 1.31, my X52 does not register at all. It works in 1.30, it works in the XP game controller control panel, and in other games. (And the CH pedals and TrackIR registers fine in game, too.) This is XP x64, x52 drivers 6.0.4.1 and software version 6.6.6.9. I tried removing my cfml folder to make sure there was nothing corrupted in there, but it made no difference.

My CH Fighterstick USB is detected as J1 in 1.31 vs. J2 in 1.30 and all prior. Not a biggie as I merely updated my settings, but would have been easier had it not changed at all.

I used the CH rudder, throttle, flight stick and flight yoke with no issues. I just copied the CFML config files for wwiiol/be from production to beta and left my CH profile unchanged.

Windows 7 x64, CH control manager 4.51

Edited by ziporama

I have exactly same problem with my X52.

2 squaddies had problems with their X52s, they were not recognized by the game. Joysticks work ok in windows (1xXP/1xVista).

Is there an example of an X52 that does work?

Works in Offline 1.31...but you need to remap some buttons.

Havent been able to test online yet.

WinXp32

Works in Offline 1.31...but you need to remap some buttons.

Havent been able to test online yet.

WinXp32

What version drivers do you have? (control panel -> game controllers -> x52 -> properties -> about)

Well I have been in the bata for about an hour testing my JS to see why it would not drop bombs in some planes. Long story short......remove the cfml files if you copied them from 1.30 to 1.31 and write new ones. This fixed all my problems with the keymapper.

My Saitek av8r-01 joystick was not detected/usable in 1.31.

However, selecting it as the 'preferred device' in Control Panel, Game Controllers, Advanced, Preferred device solved it.

:)

My Saitek av8r-01 joystick was not detected/usable in 1.31.

However, selecting it as the 'preferred device' in Control Panel, Game Controllers, Advanced, Preferred device solved it.

Aha! That works for my X52, too. Unfortunately it has the side effect that the CH pedals, that worked before, now are not detected any more. Not a solution, in other words.

Is there a problem detecting several controllers?

Aha! That works for my X52, too. Unfortunately it has the side effect that the CH pedals, that worked before, now are not detected any more. Not a solution, in other words.

Is there a problem detecting several controllers?

Bump for this: Am I the only one having problems with detecting multiple controllers? This is clearly pretty serious since without controllers it doesn't matter how good the game is...

Following the above, my X52 Pro didnt work in 1.31 so I tried the prefered device idea and that worked, although the mappings are all over the place and don't seem to hold. I love my X52. Please make it work without requiring a degree in physics.

Ta

Grayzza

So I tried my Logitech Dual Action gamepad to see if that was detected. Well, lo and behold, with the X52, CH Pedals and gamepad connected, all three were detected. When I unplugged the gamepad, only the "preferred device" was detected. Trying to figure out which combinations worked and which didn't, I started plugging in and out various combinations... and now the X52 and CH pedals, that didn't use to work, are detected fine... Go figure. I'll post again if the problem recurs.

My x52 works fine in both 1.30 online and off and 1.31 offline (havn't tested online) with the exceptions of the scroll wheels the slider and the button on the lower scroll wheel. My saitek foot pedels work fine but you have to map them as primary the wont map in secondary.

win xp 64 bit driver 6.0.4.1 software ver 9.9.9.9

Edited by jackw

The slider is a weird control, trying on the mac side to figure out how to support it without actually having an x52.

However as far as I know, none of this code was changed for 1.31, or for many versions before it. Can anyone reproduce the missing device problems with the same OS under 1.30? Can anyone get all the devices to work correctly in 1.31?

It's possible something broke inadvertently.